Deck Refacing

GN Builders L.L.C
Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

Trex Resurface 3 · Еще

Trex Resurface 3 · Еще

Trex Resurface 3 · Еще

Trex Resurface 3 · Еще

Trex Resurface 3 · Еще

Deck refacing by GN Builders L.L.C... Turning something old into something new can be a beautiful addition to your Home.
Now on the warm night, with food on the grill, a glass of wine in hand and Homeowners hanging out on the back deck together with friends, talking and laughing and enjoying the fresh air, because this New deck became an extension of the house, an extra living space on which they can spend as much time during the summer as the do on the inside. Contact us today and transform your old deck to something new so you can relax and enjoy your deck for many years to come.

Комментарии: 20

• PRO
    Ames Peterson - International Architecture

Great job!

• PRO
    123 Remodeling Inc.

Looks pretty light and stylish! Great job!

• PRO
    Stecki Construction

Love the update! Deck railing looks fabulous with the home!

• PRO
    Mega Builders

Fantastic update! Good work!

• PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.

Great update!

• PRO
    FINISHES

Very well done. What is the material used for the deck?

• PRO
    GN Builders L.L.C
    Автор

Trex Transcend, Color Tiki Torch.

• Susan Geddes
    Wow very nice. One question for you , when you say reface does that mean you went over the old deck with this product ?
  • PRO
    GN Builders L.L.C
    Автор

Susan,

If the subframe of the deck is good and installed correctly we remove the old boards and go over it. We also change 4x4 post if they need to be changed and we add Z-flashing at ledger connection to the house to keep the water away from the dwelling.

• User
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

Is the white plastic or painted? If its painted I want to see the after after picture in a year. I already know what its gonna look like. from the pics, looks like the posts are plastic but the ledger and stair risers are painted.

As an example, just a few days ago my neighbor came to see my deck(its in the before and after). she said her deck was painted last year and was promised/guaranteed it would last. Now just a year later she said it looks terrible.

I have never seen a painted deck look good a year later even with the best paint and properly prepared. You have to stain if you want it to last. Otherwise your gonna be painting every other year.

but anyway, real nice job on the redo.

• PRO
    GN Builders L.L.C
    Автор

Tony,

The deck skirt and stair risers are Certainteed Restoration board. The beauty of it, the material can be cut, shaped and routed like wood, only it's made from cellular PVC. With this material there is no worry about rotting, moisture or warping and you also get a choice of Smooth or Woodgrain finish. I use this stuff all the time for column wraps, door surrounds, around bay windows, toe kicks, you name it. It cost more, but you install it and you can forget about it.

As painting goes, I would never consider or advise anyone to apply paint on the exterior deck... But using Color Stain being solid or transparent, Yes, it's perfectly fine... When surface is properly prepped and stain properly applied, it can last up to 3 years or more and it will have to be redone after that.

Of Course various elements have to be taken into consideration i.e. weather, usage, trees, etc have lots to do with wear and tear, but properly maintained deck can last for a very long time.

My painter has a custom built home with cedar siding and and a wood deck. He applies new strain on the siding every 6-7 years and he does his deck a good cleaning every season and when the deck was built he did 2 coats of stain, restaining after first 3 years and after that new stain every 5 years and if you look at that deck you can walk around barefoot, the boards are nice and tight without splitting or splintering and it looks like it was done yesterday.

The maintenance on the wood deck is not that bad if stay on top of thing and it's very inexpensive average staining cost for an average size deck is about $300-500 dollars, over 3-5 years that's like a drop in the bucket.

• User

I had a composite deck at an old house. Nice cause there is virtually no maintenance but its very cold when its chilly out and extremely hot when the sun hits it. We could literally feel the heat radiating into the house. Wood don't do that. It has a little maintenance but feels better and don't feel like your walking on cheap plastic. Everyone has their preference, I think it really depends on how much you use your deck and what you use it for.

• PRO
    Sound Painting Solutions, LLC

Nice, looks great!

• PRO
    GN Builders L.L.C
    Автор

Composite decking been a trend for the last 15 or so years. In the last 15 years I did 2 wood decks, everything else is composite decking, new or refacing or people do pavers if the house is at lower elevation.

Most decks in the 70's, 80's, 90's early 2000 we build was out of pressure treated or cedar materials, some IPE but it's harder to get and to expensive on the East Coast.

When Composite start hitting the market it was a huge switch over, everyone wants composite and people with existing decks started to do refacing, taking the old boards up and doing composite decking and new railings.

Here is a few more refacing jobs we did

One more

• User

I was considering composite railings but when the only options I could find were square or oval spindles I ended up doing PT with S&L spindles. I don't like how plain square spindles are and EVERYONE has them lol.

• tooky58

What a gorgeous new deck.

• PRO
    Studio NOO Design

Beautiful, love the railing.

• PRO
    Lafferty Communities

Wow! This looks amazing... really livens it up! Great work :)

• Architectural Notice

Big improvement.

Looks great.