Houzz Logo Print
rizzadelc85

Console Table Dilemma

rizzadelc85
Год(а)/Лет назад: 7
Hi everyone! I'm currently in the process of redecorating our 30-yr-old home. it underwent a recent reno and is in need of an interior face-lift. while I have most of the layout figured out, I can't quite find my stride on the console table arrangement/vignette. to give you guys an idea, it's a rustic-style table (which was given to me by my mom) and is set against a blank wall. i'd like to give it a rustic-modern look, but not just any look...i'd prefer it to be striking and/or a conversation piece since it is in the middle of the living and dining room, hence, a possible focal point. do you guus have any tips? for starters, i've settled on a mirror of some sort on the wall (I'll DIY a beveled design). however, i'm stumped with the decor on the actual table. they currently look blah to me. I'd appreciate your inputs or suggestions with regards to items or placement of the existing items (i'm iffy about the flower. and i'm not confident about the theme-not even sure if there is one). right now it looks disjointed to me. i'd love to hear your ideas, because I value your opinions. thanks so much in advance! hope to hear from you soon!

Комментарии: 10

• Paula Tommins

Great comment, Elle. I also thing they are somewhat the same size - perhaps a tall thin lamp, the books and a bowls of shells to add texture.

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

Love to see the console...wider lens.

• Kelley Dockrey
    I would suggest that you take a few more images of the console. that show it from the side.

with this image, it looks like you have too many objrcts.
  • User

One can never have too many objrcts.

• llkrdh

I agree with Elle and Paula. Hang mirror and get a tall thin lamp.

Table looks on the small size so one large item-sculpture or like, to

complete.

• PRO
    Amethyst Interiors LLC
    Try a horizontal framed piece. Or with lamp, even a vertical framed piece above the furniture.
  • PRO
    Kitchen Magic

The lantern is so whimsical. You could hang it too.

• rizzadelc85
    Автор
    hi everyone! thanks so much for your comments. imma try to get a better photo since this one was taken in low light, on a cloudy day. i'll upload a wider view of the area so you can all see the entire table too. i'm open to getting rid of some of the items on the table and switch them out for something else as well. I did think of a lamp but can one have too many lamps? i've one floor lamp by the entry (same side as console), another across this table by the living room, and further across, another table lamp on the dining buffet table.
  • rizzadelc85
    Автор
    this here is a brighter photo of the area in question, with the full view of the table. I plan to put a vintage trunk underneath for storage. I slightly changed up the items on the table and i'm DIY-ing the mirror frame (window/grid type, vertical) this weekend.