Houzz Logo Print
mjayo

Help. Need to decide paint color this week.

mjayo
Год(а)/Лет назад: 7
This is our dining area. I was going to paint it Balboa Mist. It's a bright room. My question is- can I paint the back wall (not the small wall under stairs) going up the stairs a different color (Thinking silver satin)? Can I end Balboa Mist in the corner near the door? Some are telling me it's the same room, but I don't want the DR sliver satin and visa versa. All suggestions welcome. Thank you.

Комментарии: 8

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner

What is Silver Satin................is that a paint color? From what company?

So you want to paint the Silver Satin up the stairs and everywhere up stairs or do you want to stop that too?

• User
    Hello there!

Painting the back wall a different color will not give you that flow you want. I highly suggest painting the whole area the same color to create a flow.

If you need additional assistance or have any questions, please contact me by email, info@richiemadison.com.

Thanks,
    Tiara
    www.RichieMadison.com
  • PRO
    Muralist Mary Kalocsay
    Goodmorning. ..you can definitely use two different colors, however the area you are talking about going up the stairs and the wall broken by the stairway ,the lower wall ,am I right? If the wall going up the stairs you want a different color from the lower wall under the stairway, you can.It would look very nice .Using a fan, if you pick a color on same color light and darker you will be fine and HAPPY to two tone.
    mjayo поблагодарил(а): Muralist Mary Kalocsay
  • jillybean103

If these 2 colors are Benjamin Moore, then they are very close to each other from the swatches I've seen and can be used together in this space. This is not a large space from the picture viewpoint, so I'd keep them very close in color.

mjayo поблагодарил(а): jillybean103
  • mjayo
    Автор
    Silver Satin is a Benjamin Moore color and yes I would carry that color throughout the upstairs hallway.
  • User
    As I mentioned in the comment above, painting the back wall will not give you that flow. However, if you want to paint it a different color, that wall will act as the focal point. You would want to emphasize that wall so the eye can naturally draw towards that it. Do you follow me?
    mjayo поблагодарил(а): User
  • PRO
    Muralist Mary Kalocsay
    What Barbara Lane said is very true, how light is hitting something determines the color seen. Thats why if you could look at a color fan and staying close to same color ...two shades can work.
    mjayo поблагодарил(а): Muralist Mary Kalocsay