ivetaevans

Need Help with the Layout of a Downstairs Wet Room

Iveta Evans
Год(а)/Лет назад: 7
Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

Hi,

We are creating a downstairs wet room to house a toilet,
sink and shower in a room 1.5m in width by approx. 2.3m in length. We’re
considering fully tiling the floor and walls, having a walk in shower and a wall
mounted floating toilet so we can hide the piping work. (see sketch). Our main dilemmas are
in utilising the layout – what will give the best practical layout for such a
room? Also what colour should the tiles be – it will be quite a dark room as
the small window is east facing and will be frosted. We like the following designs we've found on houzz:

Grosvenor Riverside · Еще

the shelving with the lighting and mirrored cabinets we think will work well above the toilet and sink? Do you agree or is the room too small? Would the colour scheme be too dark for our room?

Contemporary Powder Room · Еще

or will the above white scheme best suite the room? with the fake wall rather than going to the roof stop as a shelf?

We look forward to your ideas.

Комментарии: 6

• PRO
    Sagiper North America
    I would agree with a mirror above the toilet and sink despite the room being small, the mirror will just make the room look wider. And light coloured tiles would make it more spacious too.
    Iveta Evans поблагодарил(а): Sagiper North America
  • PRO
    Arq-A Interiors Limited

Hi Iveta. Definitely only have a half wall to conceal the toilet cistern, there is no need to waste more space by building it up to the ceiling and it also creates a useful surface as in your picture above. You can create a cupboard in the casing beneath the basin and then have a large mirror on the wall above the basin and loo (the bigger the better). The layout you have drawn is the best use of the space, especially with the walk in shower.

In terms of decoration I would go bold and dark for impact. As long as the lighting is good it will look really dramatic.

This a project I completed many years ago, it looks a bit dated now but it shows how dark can work well in a small area.

London Mews House · Еще

Iveta Evans поблагодарил(а): Arq-A Interiors Limited
  • PRO
    McDaids Bathroom Plumbing Tiles

There are so many fantastic designs for your En Suite. Here's one with a wall hung basin and back to wall toilet.

• Luciana

Our guest en-suite is pretty much the same size as your loo 2.60m x 1.40m.

It was built as a wet room with underfloor heating, but we added shower doors after a while, as the toilet (seat) would take a long time to dry after showering. I love the layout, it's simple and efficient.

P1030248.JPG · Еще

As for colours, my preference was for black tiles on the floor and red glazed tiles in the shower to complement,

however hubby thought it would look too Gothic and we ended up with some safe 'swimming pool' glass mosaic. There's also a slim towel warmer behind the door, not visible in the photo.

As your space is wider, I think you could create an alcove like in the Grosvenor Riverside pic. Let me know if you want more details, I can give you exact measurements if you need them.

Good luck!

Iveta Evans поблагодарил(а): Luciana
  • Iveta Evans
    Автор
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

I appreciate the time you've taken to reply to our project. We are definitely going to put in a big mirror and use large tiles to make the space look bigger. My hubby and I are still discussing colours but are happy we're on the right track with the layout and design for the room. Again thank you