Houzz Logo Print
jaynemannion

4 bedroom house in 100 sq m ... possible?

Jayne Mannion
Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

how to start designing a house with 100 sq m

Комментарии: 11

• PRO
    User

40sqm for the beds 10 each - another 10 for 2 baths would be a minimum - 10 for a small kitchen - 20 for a lounge diner -Total - 80 - then you have to have stairs, hallway and landing - a tight squeeze!

Jayne Mannion поблагодарил(а): User
  • kmizzlee
    Hi Jayne,

It's possible, but very very tight! There are minimum space standards, so it also depends on the number of floors you are planning and the number of people it is intended for too: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/524531/160519_Nationally_Described_Space_Standard____Final_Web_version.pdf

To make the four bed property more comfortable, I'd either lose a bedroom or add sqm - it will feel very comprised otherwise. Good luck with it! K :)
    Jayne Mannion поблагодарил(а): kmizzlee
  • PRO
    Oasys Property Solutions

I believe it will be tight, but doable ... just. It's largely down to minimising hallways/landings, placement of stairs and doors into rooms. A good architect should be able to produce a suitable scheme. The development of a pair of semi-detached properties included a 3-bed and 4 bed; the latter was just over 100sqm.

New build timber framed semi-detached houses · Еще

Jayne Mannion поблагодарил(а): Oasys Property Solutions
  • Jonathan
    I would look to the large house builders websites and look at their houses for inspiration
    Jayne Mannion поблагодарил(а): Jonathan
  • shelleyuk

Is there a reason it has to be 100 square metres? Can you not go up and gain space that way? I think 100 square metres for a four bed is very tight.

• PRO
    TEMZA

We fit 4 bedrooms 2 bathrooms, open plan kitching and leaving room in 86 sq m house. So yes - possible.

Jayne Mannion поблагодарил(а): TEMZA
  • PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    Hello Jayne,

Well I'd suggest a focus not on what space you might not have but the space you do have and then work in interesting storage and unique ways of layout.. So the you maximise on the space you do have... Think of split level flooring with storage underneath and other hidden storage that perhaps allows for things you want.. There are always possibilities! :))
    Jayne Mannion поблагодарил(а): Amber Jeavons Ltd
  • PRO
    STUDIO PARKOAR

Definitely possible if you think a little 'out of the box'. Could be rather nice !

• PRO
    StairBox

Hi Jayne, While it's possible those stairs will be an issue! If you send us a basic plan we would be more than happy to position the stairs in order to ensure that the staircase complies with UK Regulations

• PRO
    STUDIO PARKOAR

What are the site constraints and physical characteristics of the site ?