Houzz Logo Print
aburnsthomas

Help with bedroom lamps and pillows

Anne Thomas
Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

Recently we've purchased duvet cover and shams for our European size pillows. We are planning to paint the walls a shade of white. We need new pillows in front and lamps to bring design together. Leaning toward blue as accent color. Any suggestions?

Комментарии: 12

• sandradclark

Ideas:

Gale Coral Pillow · Еще

Gale Coral Pillow · Еще

Viridian Velvet Lumbar with Amalfi Glass Tape · Еще

22" Blue and White Porcelain Tea Jar Table Lamp, Plug-in · Еще

LED Bronze Gooseneck Plug-In Swing Arm Wall Lamp by Universal Lighting and Decor · Еще

Anne Thomas поблагодарил(а): sandradclark
  • sandradclark

Choose two small faux sheepskin rugs to place at each side of the bed to step onto in the morning.

• Irene Morresey
    Some ideas, nice throws and perhaps an area rug, use different textures
    Anne Thomas поблагодарил(а): Irene Morresey
  • Anne Thomas
    Автор

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm thinking about a darker navy...

Dee - I love the idea of wall mounted lamps, but my husband is leery of the additional expense.

Sandra, I like the coral pillow idea. I imagine you can see by the rest of the picture that I go kicking and screaming to any kind of pattern (but I am trying).

Blenheim, those pictures are really helpful. It seems like I need 3 square solid color pillows in front of our shams and then a small one in front of that.

• decoenthusiaste

Pin-up wall lamps don't have to be wired in. Corded ones with a cord cover can be plugged in.

Transitional Bedroom · Еще

Anne Thomas поблагодарил(а): decoenthusiaste
  • PRO
    Amethyst Interiors LLC
    Use some navy and white striped pillows and paint the wall in eggshell blue black navy.
    Anne Thomas поблагодарил(а): Amethyst Interiors LLC
  • Anne Thomas
    Автор

Drapes are staying and they are grey and white.

These are the drapes:

http://www.westelm.com/products/cotton-canvas-graffiti-print-curtain-platinum-t2659/?pkey=e%7Cgraffiti%7C2%7Cbest%7C0%7C1%7C24%7C%7C2&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH - trying to see if that makes the color more clear

• Anne Thomas
    Автор

I have a few black and white photos and a sketch of our old house. I have looked at some art that had dark blue or the color above, like light teal.

• Anne Thomas
    Автор

Those are all great ideas, tedbixby, thanks. I don't know much about how to add color to the bedding, so that and the lamps were my main questions. I am open to adding another color, but want to stay away from orange as many of the ideas show (changed my mind about that one).

• Anne Thomas
    Автор

We are open to an abstract painting above the bed, but don't feel like that is critical right now.

• PRO
    Beverly Anderson Interior Design

great ideas and photos from these designers. I like the wall lamp idea.