Houzz Logo Print
lisajanosky

Need advice on kitchen appliances-

Lisa Satter_Janosky
Год(а)/Лет назад: 7
Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

Hi-I need some advice on what 60" range we should consider. Wolf, Viking, Thermador..other? Such a huge investment and seeing such mixed opinions on all of them. Thank you-

Комментарии: 5

• apple_pie_order

A 60" range is an unusual choice. Which brand you prefer depends a lot on what your reasons are for choosing such a big range. Pro cooking as a caterer several days per week? Family of 8 or larger? Keeping scale of very large kitchen? Other? Does additional cost for large hood, extra cabinet insulation if needed, and make up air affect your options?

• chloebud
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

Wow...60" is pretty substantial. Pretty much all I can offer is the home we bought has a 48-inch Thermador range top and hood. First time I've used Thermador but it seems fine. I recall the home inspector mentioning it was "really nice stuff." However, if it was my choice from the start with the options you mentioned, I'd probably go with Wolf based on feedback from people I know who own Wolf ranges.

• creatureofchaos
    I've always had Wolf ranges because that's what's been in the houses I've bought and they're too good to justify replacing. But. If I were looking for a range that enormous, I'd chose at least in part based on what I wouldn't mind looking at six feet of, and I'd go with something pretty like an Ilve Majestic (or, if you really want to drop some cash, a Le Cornue). Both are great ranges and make amazing visual focal points for a kitchen.
  • suzyq53

Do you want stainless steel or a color? Do you want gas or electric?

• PRO
    Yale Appliance

Lisa, it really depends on how you like to cook.

We go over the features and differences of Wolf, Thermador, and Viking 60" ranges here:

Best 60" Professional Gas Ranges

Hope this helps!