Houzz Logo Print
mark_moasser

looking for a ribbon wall clock

Mark MMSF
Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

My living room has a large round column towards one end of it. I was thinking of using it for some kind of decor, and it occured to me that it would be great to have a flat digital display clock that is thin, flat, flexible and wraps around the column. I think such a thing, a thin LCD or LED display clock hugging the column near its top would look so cool. Can't find such a thing despite extensive searches. Is this concept a possibility? Does such a thing exist, or are there custom makers for such a thing?

Thanks

Mark

Комментарии: 6

• PRO
    Roberta Martin Interiors

Do you mean it would look like a gigantic digital watch that would be worn on the wrist? But instead of the wrist, it's the column?

• Mark MMSF
    Автор

Yes, but simply displaying the time (and maybe date) in a linear one line display. obviously not in the same orientation as what you would wear on your wrist.

• PRO
    Roberta Martin Interiors

Got it! I think there may be a commercial digital clock like this. It may not be slim enough to give you a sleek look, but if it worked then you or someone would make something that looks like a watchstrap. Or you don't want it to be that literal?

• PRO
    Roberta Martin Interiors

I am picturing like a big apple watch on the column

• hatetoshop
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

Appears they just came out with this: Flexible Wall Clock. Just $4000, but there will probably be knock-offs.

• Mark MMSF
    Автор

yes, I had seen that flexible wall clock. That's more of a freakish item I think. I'm thinking of something much smaller. Perhaps 5 inches wide or so. And not like an apple watch. No actual watch with a face and bands on its side. More like a strip, like a ticker strip, just stating the time. Pretty simple in concept.