Houzz Logo Print
luddygt

Open Concept Design Floor Plans (updated...)

Год(а)/Лет назад: 8
Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

I would like to get some ideas and feedback for an open concept floor plan we are considering.

Комментарии: 2

• PRO
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

Right off the bat I see a few things. the living room and dining room are flipped. Wouldn't you want the dining room closer to the kitchen and you don't want to walk into your dining room when you enter the house. But then you do not have a family room, unless you eliminate the dining table and eat at the island. If you can afford to and the land is large enough to make the deck into either the family room or dining room, that would give the space. Then add deck beyond that.

Do you really want a second laundry upstairs or might it be a better use of space to have bedroom 3 have its own bath? The bedroom door could be moved out into the hallway to make that more of a suite. A little space planning needs to be done there to rearrange a bit. Maybe tight.

The double master bedroom doors could be placed outside the master foyer so that is really a private space. Also looks more attractive than pocket doors leading a master bedroom. Could eliminate the nook and put the double doors on an angle there. Gain more space. Love the double sided fireplace in the master. I love plans!

• Год(а)/Лет назад: 8
    If your dining room is so far from your kitchen you might never use it. Flip it with the living room or do away with formal dining. Have a family room in current living area and a living room in current dining area.
    Can you arrange it so that guests enter the downstairs loo from the foyer WC? I don't like the idea of a loo door opening directly to a very open area, especially if you keep the dining area there. I can't enlarge the pics so that's all I can comment on. Best of luck!