Houzz Logo Print
moosepointloft

Lake home exterior stone

moosepointloft
Год(а)/Лет назад: 8
I am looking for suggestions in selecting an exterior stone for our lake home. I would like it to compliment the colors we are using for the interior so I've included a picture of the stone I selected for the fireplace. I'm having difficulty deciding on shape/pattern of stone and complimentary colors. I would appreciate any advice you could offer.

Комментарии: 8

• PRO
    Roberta Martin Interiors

I definitely agree with emmarene. Stand outside by those large rocks and select something that complements the rocks.

• moosepointloft
    Автор
    Since I haven't purchased the interior fireplace stone yet, I'll start fresh. Could you suggest something that would compliment the large rocks/landscaping and the siding?
  • emmarene9

Do you know the brand of product you will be using? Is your heart set on stacked stone?

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

The deep green of the exterior singles, in combination with any landscape ledge stone you are keeping and not replacing are the dictators. Your interior selections are secondary to a cohesive look on the exterior. This is something that should be done/selected locally if possible. With samples dragged to the site. Most stone shops have worked with local builders, and are very knowledgeable as to a recommendation for your choice/color of siding, and style of home.

http://www.stoneyard.com/gallery/foundation/

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting

I agree get the exterior stone first and IMO stacked stone is sooo yesterday I would think about something else for fireplace

• PRO
    Delap flexible stone LLC

Hey, moosepointloft! The picture doesn't show properly but we've got a Flex Stone with a deep green fraction on it. PLease have a look!

• moosepointloft
    Автор
    Thanks for all the comments. I'm glad I asked. I'm definately not interested in stacked stone outside and am completely open to something else on the inside. Our goal is to finish the outside this year and next put together the interior