Houzz Logo Print
homarizvi

Redesigned Furniture Set

Homa Rizvi
Год(а)/Лет назад: 8
I purchased this furniture set on Craigslist when we moved into a temporary condo in a new city. It's solid wood, good quality construction, and though I initially just bought it to pass the time, the more I look at it I see a possibility to keep it after redesigning it. I'd like to try to chalk paint it and add a damask/patterned panel to cover the "brick" panel insert. Any ideas on where to get decorative cut panels to fit or make them myself? I have a baby on the way and a third of my room will soon be nursery so am anxious to complete this project soon! Thanks in advance for your input!

Комментарии: 4

• PRO
    Built Custom Carpentry

It seems like you have enough depth to install a drop in panel of 1/4" thick material like plywood or medium density fiberboard. You could treat the panel however you would like to finish it before you install it to make things easier. You might be able to get the panel cut to size for you at a local store or hire a carpenter.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting

This unit does not look like something I would add damask to, why not just paint the whole thing if you must and then see if you need to change panels.

• suezbell

Before you consider painting or changing this credenza in any way, get some Old English lemon scratch cover and go over the entire thing rubbing the product into the wood with a soft (t-shirt) cloth and see if it revitalizes the piece enough to change your mind. It doesn't look bad as is.

• Bev

Congrats on finding such an amazing piece! I like the idea of adding damask to the front of this piece. It will make it very original and truly yours!