Houzz Logo Print
bumblebee728

What do you think of these antique pendants?

bumblebee728
Год(а)/Лет назад: 11
I'm thinking of buying these pendants, they are from the 1930's and have been rewired. There are 2 of them. One of the pictures shows they are approximately 5 ft. long from the small medallion which would be attached to ceiling. I love them, but want to get ideas on how to decorate with them before I invest in them, pretty expensive! And I would have to pay an electrician to put the wiring in the ceiling. My style is eclectic with a great love for unique antiques.

Комментарии: 24

• PRO
    Liza Jane Interiors
    You could install on either side of a bed or sofa...pretty
  • User
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 11
    They are beautiful. Where could you use them do you think? Possibly over a kitchen island? In a hallway? Same height or staggered in height, one higher than the other, close together for lighting eg over a table or desk or dresser?
  • stearline
    If you have a walk in closet room, hang the two lighting over the center dressing table.
  • PRO
    Architectural Justice
    Those are beautiful! Would they look good over your dining room table? Or possibly together in the corner of your living room or family room over a favorite table.
  • figureskating22
    Amazing totally a one of a kind item!
  • bumblebee728
    Автор
    LizaJane, I do like your idea of hanging them either side of my bed...hmmm..
    emzc, don't have a kitchen island but I'm thinking about that staggered idea, would have to get one shortened.
    Stearline, don't have a walk-in closet with center dresser, boy do I wish!
    Architectural Justice, I think they only would use low watt candle bulbs so don't know about dining room table, sometimes I need some real light there, but love the idea of putting one in a corner over a table.
    Thank you everyone for your great suggestions, and I'm so glad to hear others appreciate them the way I do. They glisten beautifully in person!
  • PRO
    zpd+a and roomTEN design
    Stunning. They look similar to some slumped italian pendants I saw in a Roman market once. Super cool! You could use them as a textural accent in a sleek kitchen over an island or bar area; use them in an entry hall with a big plaster medallion, or over a reading corner in a living or bedroom.... there are plenty of options. You could also have a bracket fashioned by a metal smith and hang them as sconces - powder room, master vanity, hallway, etc...... The sky's the limit but these are stellar!
  • bumblebee728
    Автор
    Home Beautiful, thanks for another great idea!
    figure skating22, that's what I thought! :)
  • bumblebee728
    Автор
    roomTENdesign, thanks for those great ideas, esp. sconces, more food for thought!
  • bumblebee728
    Автор
    If I put one hanging in a corner over a small table, and don't have an opposite corner for the other in the same room, would it be wrong to put one in another room? Or should they definitely stay together?
  • PRO
    Architectural Justice
    I would suggest hanging them together at alternating heights, over the one table. (:
  • bumblebee728
    Автор
    Thanks!
  • PRO
    zpd+a and roomTEN design
    Agreed - I think clustered together would be great.
  • bumblebee728
    Автор
    Thanks again!
  • PRO
    Interiors International, Inc.
    It is very interesting and unique. I could see it looking great in the right space.
  • bumblebee728
    Автор
    Thanks III!
  • bumblebee728
    Автор
    To anyone who knows a bit about antique lighting... Is the pair worth $350.00? That's the asking price at the Antique Shop.
  • PRO
    Ironwood Builders
    Buy now. They will do nothing but appreciate in price. Arts and Crafts fixtures on eBay (original antiques with slag glass for instance) go for much more. And you love them and they will be really great in your eclectic style home..lots of good ideas on placement..don't let them get away!
  • bumblebee728
    Автор
    Thanks Ironwood! I'm convinced! And very happily convinced at that! I'm going Friday morning to pick them up (first day the shop will be open again).
  • bumblebee728
    Автор
    Got them today! Now I'm wondering if anyone can tell me anything about these pendants, where they're from, etc.. I've searched the Internet and can't find anything like them.
  • User
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 11
    I'm wondering why you thought they were from the 1930's - perhaps that could give you more information? I would check with vintage and antique lamp and lighting stores, including online. Places that deal with lots of lamps and lighting fixtures, particularly vintage, might be able to give you a better idea of where and from what era they came from, eg who was making them, etc. based on how they look, style, etc. Would check online for resources like that - they may be able to tell you more.
  • bumblebee728
    Автор
    Thanks collettec, the antique shop owner only knew they were from the 1930's( maybe she was guessing), and nothing more about them. I've already checked online under every inquiry I could think of with no luck.
  • bumblebee728
    Автор
    To mpoulson, I got them, do you know anything about them?