Houzz Logo Print
sillycannoli

What do you think of this chandelier?

sillycannoli
Год(а)/Лет назад: 8
Thinking of changing chandelier in my dining room. The first picture is what is currently there. The second picture is what I'm thinking of getting.

Комментарии: 21

• Judy Mishkin

it really doesnt go with how your room is now. were you planning on changing the table and chairs?

• Bev

I agree with the first two comments.

• sillycannoli
    Автор
    Thanks for all the comments! No, I'm not planning on changing any of the furniture. But thinking of taking the room to a more modern direction.

I love the suggested wooden chandeliers but wouldn't it be too much wood?
  • sillycannoli
    Автор
    puremichigan, where is the 2nd chandelier from?
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs

Neither of them is quite right. From the photo, go transitional...go Asian in style.

Maxim Lighting Asian Transitional Chandelier X-CRSW58901 · Еще

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner

• jbtanyderi
    If the light was on a dimmer, it would be easier to see what it actually looks like. For the time being, ignore the lighting. Put decent LINED drapes wall-to-wall and frame the art. The pads on the chairs are at odds with the style of the room: they're country/hokey.
  • jbtanyderi

I would search for a simple look (such as an all glass Venetian one) with a moderate drop and a spread of about 30 inches.

• anniebird
    Here's a favorite of mine that might work for you:
  • kimberlysc
    I think with you table and chairs, a rustic luxe decor would work.
  • PRO
    JML Interior Design

Definitly need something in a darker finish like oil rubbed bronze-the one you are considering is too washed out

• lisa0527
    I've seen this lamp in a very traditional Italian wine bar and it looked great. I've considered it myself. But it was more of a hipster-traditional place. I tend to agree that your dining room might not match the lamp. Unless you want to make some other changes.
  • lisa0527
    Had to look at your photo again. Your art and table would work. If you went with something a bit more modern for chairs and went with some heavier linen drapes, I think it could work. It really is a gorgeous chandelier when you see it in real life.
  • km kane
    I can't even see your first chandelier, the lights are on and it's just a blob of light, but the one you are thinking of does not work at all with your furnishings.
  • anniebird

You need more visual weight than your idea chandelier provides. I agree that a darker finish will work best in the room. You can mix a midcentury fixture into this room and get a great effect, but it has to tick the boxes ;) Good luck and take an "after" picture for us!

• sillycannoli
    Автор
    Thank you all for the comments. I guess it is unanimous it won't work in this space. Not really planning to change anything else, except maybe the curtains, so I considered all the suggestions and went a bit simpler. What do you think of this?
    Note that it is not to scale. And i was trying to see what it would look with white linen sheers but I'm new to the photoshop-like app and gave up in the middle. While heavier and lined drapes might look better, these are south-facing windows and I need the drapes drawn almost the whole day - sheers still let light in and do not completely obscure the view.

If the capiz lantern works, should I go with 2 smaller ones or 1 big one?
  • sillycannoli
    Автор
    Anniebird, I like that chandelier. Will look for a less expensive version.
  • PRO
    User

Here are some examples of our chandeliers from dining rooms we have done.

A Yonge & Lawrence Renovation. · Еще

Summerhill Georgian · Еще

Bridle Path Townhome · Еще

• sandradclark

I do not like either of the ones in 1st two photos. Not for the style of the furniture.

Kenroy 66349COP 1-Light Pendant, Harbour · Еще

Albiano Rectangle 2-Light Bronze Pendant · Еще