Houzz Logo Print
joey_khor43

Estimate cost for a Narrow Lot build cost in Perth

An An K
Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

Can anyone share what's the estimate cost to build an 8.5-10m wide house, total size around 210-250m2 in Perth? Planning to have 31 course ceiling, colorbond roofing, polished concrete floor(love the finished floor covering, also course of allergy issue). Can $150k be done? Thanks.

Комментарии: 10

• User

I would recommend you get three quotes from reputable licensed and insured builders with good references.

• bigreader
    Head to Archicentre and get their pricing guide. It has fairly broad ranges but its a good ballpark.
  • wuff
    I wouldn't think $150k enough, narrow lots have all sorts of problems particularly if you need to go 2 stories.
  • PRO
    MB Design & Drafting

As a ballpark starting figure use around $1800 - 2000 per square metre. This just a ballpark figure to use as as starting point and can easily vary either side. So for $150k for that size dwelling is only around $600 per square metre......

Contact a local designer (the good ones understand budgets and costings) and start from there. Material and product choices will vary the cost to construct greatly so keep that in mind. Building costs are always increasing not going down.

• An An K
    Автор

Thanks Wuff, will just go with single storey. Agreed that 2-storey with this budget is just totally impossible. :-)

• An An K
    Автор

Thanks Tarotlova, it's good to have a builder come out with low basic cost, so I can upgrade finishing I like. Thanks for the contact, saved in my address book! :-)

• hails_b_86
    home group wa have a few designs that suit that kind of budget and lot size. I work there as a draftee and can recommend there product. It generally comes with higher finishes then most of the other builders. I can recommend a rep if you want to sit down with someone and look into the budget.
  • PRO
    DS Grinding
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

From a polished concrete point of view, cost will severely depend on the style you are looking for and also the building process. If we can work in with your builder during construction, this will keep costs down significantly as opposed to a builder that wont allow finished coverings until handover.... Definitely something to consider when choosing a decent builder.

• Vy
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

roughly 2-2.5K per square metre you'd be looking at 500K plus

ours was a renovation and already 400K for a 150-160m2 roughly