I need some help picking a splash back

Комментарии: 26

• Penny Daw
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 8
    Choose a coloured glass splash back to add interest
  • PRO
    Sterlingbuild

Agree with Penny. A nice *ahem* splash of colour would add a bit of a feature to your kitchen.

But, if you're an understated type of person, why not try plastic or polycarbonate sheeting? Brands like Amber Axgard and Ariel Vistalux aren't expensive, so you could try clear, opal or white sheets.

• Cier Broadhurst
    Автор
    I'm a little reluctant to make a commitment to a colour...
  • PRO
    Xenon Interior refurbs Marilyn Watson
    If your not sure of colour before tiling. Wall paper in colour choice which would be easier to take off if you change your mind
  • PRO
    Wall paper. Had on for 2 years with no problem
  • Penny Daw

I had a new white high gloss kitchen fitted with a White Corian worktop. My daughter suggested a glass splash back and i am glad I did as it looks really special. Check out some of the companies on line that fit glass splash backs. They do some amazing colours. If not how about some glass tiles.

• PRO
    Wall papered without problems
  • minnie101

I agree with Emma, i would look at textured tiles although personally would go lighter. Alternatively perhaps honed Carrara marble or you could look at wood, something similar in colour to the stool legs which also have the grey tones in.

• PRO
    Studio Basheva

Hi Cier Broadhurst, you may opt for the vintage mirror look. The kitchen needs a bit of a sparkle. Good luck!

• PRO
    Fabrizio Roberto Ltd
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

Hi Cier! We supply bespoke glass mosaic splashbacks with any image on the back side (more photos in the profile). If you need a quote, please mail to sales@fabrizioroberto.co.uk. I will be glad to help you.

• PRO
    Angela Keegan Interior Stylist
    As you don't want to commit to a colour, I think a marble splash back would provide the look of texture but be easier to wipe over than actual textured tiles. You do need either a pattern or a texture to enliven this kitchen a little, mirror would work, but make sure that the view reflected is a nice one and not just of kitchen cabinets!
  • PRO
    ParkerRose Interiors

If you do not want to commit to a colour then go for a darker grey than the walls but go for a halfway finish wall to wall. You could go for clear glass too.

• PRO
    Style Within Limited

Hi Cier. A few thoughts that might help: you have a hob on that wall so hot oil will splash onto the surface. If you go for a textured finish or grouted tiles, you will want to be rigorous in your cleaning, which is why some of the contributors have suggested flat, wipeable surfaces. I've not used acrylic, but contacted a supplier recently; they assured me that it is fine for electric hobs (for gas hobs, they supply an extra clear protective panel). Glass is a great option (it is simple to clean - we've had one for 6 years); if you are worried about colour, you can always have it colour-matched to the wall, or use some other grey, as others have said. You may also know that suppliers can now put images on glass to create a unique look. Personally, I would add a bit of colour somewhere; as an example, I include a couple of photos below which show an ice-blue splashback that is fairly understated against which you can choose accessories.

Hope this helps for now.

Nick

Modern white gloss kitchen · Еще

modern white gloss kitchen with gas hob in quartz worktop · Еще

• PRO
    User

Hi Cier I agree with Nick. I would have a painted glass splash back, the paint is applied to the back. You can choose your own colour and re-paint it when you want to change the colour.

• Claire Johnson

I love your light fittings Cier, where are they from?

• PRO
    Rees Tiles and Flooring Ltd
    We stock these and they look amazing!!
  • Monica

Loving the Thermomix on the side Cier :) and loving your kitchen. I feel it needs a bit of texture so maybe a small white tile with a light grey grout will add a bit of pattern, texture to the scheme <3

• Cier Broadhurst
    Автор
    Hi, thanks for the suggestions! I agree, colour and texture is needed! I'm considering each suggestion!! I will post the finished photo when I've chosen. Claire, the pendants are from beacon lighting (beacon lighting.com.au)
  • PRO
    Emma Painter Interiors
    Have fun! Can't wait to see what you choose.
  • gd11

You can get glass which is painted at the back of it in any colour of your choice and it's just glued on, they supply the glue with the glass. I think a tone similar to your tops or chairs.

• PRO
    JJ Acquisitions ltd

Cool kitchen. I have just put Moles Breath which is a farrow and ball dark grey. First off buy a small pot of paint and paint it onto the area this will give you the chance to see it in situ before you spend out on a painted glass piece. The glass piece is very easy to wipe clean, the only other thing you might want to do is look at getting an upstand from your stone supplier.

The Old CornStore · Еще

We have ordered some jazzy bar stools for the kitchen and we have a large oak table in the middle and the other wall is exposed brick so we had to balance that with the contemporary look we wanted for the kitchen.

• User
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

What bar stools did you choose

• PRO
    Surreal Designs Kitchen Studio

break out with a cool motif printed backsplash

• PRO
    The ALNO Store Bristol

Glass splashbacks would be perfect to finish your kitchen as they are hard wearing and easy to keep clean. We use Decoglaze here at Alno Bristol as they offer a wide choice of options from glossy or satin, plain or textured and any colour of your choice including matched to any paint colour or can be printed with any image or photo!

You could either go full height all around for maximum impact or have a feature piece behind the hob with small upstand elsewhere if you wanted to paint the rest of the walls.

Here are some examples Alno kitchens with glass splashbacks