Houzz Logo Print
mmoloney120872

Still struggling with tiles or splashback!

Mairead Moloney
Год(а)/Лет назад: 8
Hi would really welcome some advice. I know I have recently received some great advice from campo73 & Minnie re my dilemma, which I am very grateful! However my other half not so keen on suggested silver leaf tile design. I thought it would have looked lovely & very striking. I know the area will only be a small proportion but I need to get it right.
Really can't decide if we go for a tile should I continue it under the kitchen window or shall I leave the wall painted & just have the upstanding!!! Decisions decisions, it's driving me potty!! Thanks once again.

Комментарии: 6

• PRO
    Peden & Pringle Ltd
    Hello. I think an upstand in the worktop material would look very good in this space. Good luck! CPI
  • Mairead Moloney
    Автор

Thanks Camilla, yes I agree I think that would look nice. You don't think it needs any tile or feature then? Many thanks for your expertise!

• Mairead Moloney
    Автор
    Fantastic advice thanks Baguss. Think I was panicking thinking it had to be done prior to the fitting, thanks again
  • PRO
    S&K Plastering And Building

upstands look good if they are only 100mm, walls must be completely smooth to paint, a splash back is a must behind a cooker either a coloured glass or a small tile as a splash back. Make sure you use a kitchen/bathroom paint on the walls and seal the upstands with a top quality mastic after painting at the top of them and your walls. Any excess mastic can be removed with wet wipes.

• Mairead Moloney
    Автор
    Thanks S&K Plastering for the brilliant advice! Much appreciated