Houzz Logo Print
deniselee96

Need Advice for this Empty Space

Denise L
Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

So I "thought" we had a door for this linen, but looking at our blueprint I was wrong. We do have two other linen closets so I don't mind making this space something else. We just aren't sure of what to put here and I tried to google some photos but not really seeing what I like since this space is angled.

Half cabinet with shelves on top? All shelves? Leave it and put a mirror? or a coat rack? book shelves?

Also, as you can see, there is an air duct vent so we can't really do a wall halfway up, we still need 2-3ft to change out the air filter.

Does anyone have any ideas or photos of what they did with a small angled space like this?

*The space is 9' tall x 2'6" depth x 2' wide

Thank you in advance!

Комментарии: 8

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting

The context of this space is lost maybe a floor plan would help

Denise L поблагодарил(а): Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • Carolina
    In which room is this corner?
    Denise L поблагодарил(а): Carolina
  • Carolina
    My initial thought was that you could do glass shelves, light above and display some beautiful items, but if a coat rack is more useful in this particular area...
    Wells Hill · Еще
    Denise L поблагодарил(а): Carolina
  • Denise L
    Автор

This is our floorplan, I drew a red arrow pointing to the open linen. Let me know if you can see the image.

Thanks!

• PRO
    Dupont Cabinetry & Design

Have you considered a bench seat? If you like the idea of a coat rack you could add hooks above as well.

• PRO
    fvk Design

Wish you had the option to add a light above, but not possible with air duct vent. What if you painted the niche in a bold accent colour, then put artwork in there as a display area. Here is a picture of something similar :)

• Carolina

Candy room · Еще

Well, you may not be able to have lighting above the shelves, but you can have lights under (not if they are glass obv.) or behind the shelves. I think it will be a lovely focal point from the gallery.

Sophisticated Contemporary · Еще

You could also put a pedestal with statue on it there...

Silver & Gold Niche · Еще

Rina Magen · Еще

Apartment downtown Belgrade 2 · Еще