Houzz Logo Print
blueyednurse

Another area needing advice

Denise chapin
Год(а)/Лет назад: 8
My staircase has a wall about half way up that has a shelf area to put something.. Just painted and now I need to put something there with pictures on or some kind of wall art on both sides. Any suggestions is kindly appreciated :-)

Комментарии: 21

• Denise chapin
    Автор
    BTW the banister will someday be changed to a dark wood with white spindles.
  • PRO
    Transforming Rooms

First make the Heat/AC vent less noticeable by painting it the same as the wall color (which by the way requires a good primer that can withstand moisture so it won't rust).

For the niche - I'd put a piece of pottery, art, or sculpture that is large enough for the space - even if it takes awhile to find the perfect item - don't settle for something that's too small.

Best of luck Denise, I hope this is helpful?

• Nancy Ingram
    I would paint the back wall the color of your carpeting and then in would add a large white vase. I would not put anything on the sides.
  • PRO
    Mark Stewart Home Design

I agree with Nancy; I would lean towards just putting a single statement piece in the center, and avoiding putting anything on the sides. If you did do something on the sides, I would avoid putting anything large in the center and just keeping the same motif across all three panels (family pictures, art pieces, etc.)

• Denise chapin
    Автор
    Hi Judy. Yes, the wall is all one color, a light taupe. Sometimes when the light hits some of the walls it looks like a tad of pink.
  • Denise chapin
    Автор
    Thank you all! I agree that a single large item would look good. I will take my time with this . I appreciate everyone's advice :-)
  • susan2494
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

Did you get the mock up of the staircase I sent yesterday? Check your profile activity.

• susan2494

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images

Do not overloaded space please. here is some inspiration to keep it nice

Contemporary in Deephaven · Еще

• Denise chapin
    Автор
    Hi Susan, no I didn't get it yesterday. I just now saw the one you did.
  • Darzy

How about a potted "row" of aspen branches? Or manzanita branches, or even a live ficus tree? The overhead light will make lovely shadows on the wall in the evenings.

Cliff Line Road - Golden CO · Еще

• everdebz

I typed "3 set wall art" and there's ideas for all three. I don't see why not - are they each the same width???

Calima Bird Wall Decor, Set of 3 · Еще
    Antique Gold Hiatus - Hand Cast Branch Wall Panels - Set of Three · Еще

• PRO
    Pamela Qarbaghi

Something to tie in the grays, pinks and warm tones:

SOLD!!! Original Abstract Paintings · Еще

Art - SOLD! Original Abstract Paintings · Еще

SOLD! Art - Original Abstract Painting, 48 X 48 · Еще

See more possibilities here: http://www.houzz.com/projects/1295077/art-original-abstract-paintings

• PRO
    "Un air de Paris" PHOTO FOR WALL

Bonjour Denise,

Look at these ideas with Paris photographs in black and white and with a touch of color !! Eiffel Tower, Montmartre, café, French building, coffee chairs !!

You can see other photographs on my Etsy shop

• Denise chapin
    Автор
    Yes, they are all the same detentions.
  • Denise chapin
    Автор
    Hi Susan. I like your idea for the walls but not sure of the niche peace. Do you have any other suggestions for that part?
  • susan2494

How about something like this to accent the orange?

• Denise chapin
    Автор
    Yes, I like the color. Where can I find this decor?
  • susan2494

It's all from Kirklands. I'm not sure about all the sizes. Except the bottom rd piece is from Pier 1.

• everdebz

Fun to paint it a color [or variations of], and place neutral items within it:

Sterling Lighting Set Of 3 Iconic Cities Triptych · Еще