Houzz Logo Print
adriennef_schwartz67

Cabinet Hardware Dilemma

adriennef_schwartz67
Год(а)/Лет назад: 8
Please help! We are doing a small reno on our kitchen. Having the ceiling removed and painting kitchen cabinets in off-white and do not know what hardware to use, polished chrome or polished brass? New hood and all appliances are stainless steel but the brass is so much softer visually. What to do?

Комментарии: 7

• PRO
    Mark Stewart Home Design

I'm siding with tedbixby, a satin nickel or black would be perfect. Brass doesn't quite go and chrome is going to be too much visually.

• onthefence

What's the color of the small medallions in your backsplash? They almost look like oil rubbed bronze which would make your choice an easy one! If ORB seems too dark for you, then I'd go with satin nickel. Polished anything would probably be off the list for me.

• adriennef_schwartz67
    Автор
    Thank you so much for the guidance!
  • adriennef_schwartz67
    Автор
    The medallion is an ugly brown and if I could I would get rid of it. All I can do is play it down as much as I can. Thanks for the satin nickel idea, it is lovely.
  • onthefence

Whoopsie! Sorry for the mention of the medallions ;-) In that case, the satin nickel would be lovely in your kitchen. It's going to be beautiful with your appliances.

Your new and improved kitchen is going to be beautiful!

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC

If you've looked at many of the design magazines lately (House Beautiful, Veranda, etc.) you will notice that brass is coming back! Not the polished brass of yesteryear, but unlacquered brass that is very soft and matte looking. Nickel has been used for the past 15 or so years and is becoming a bit overdone. Oil-rubbed bronze is very nice for a casual/rustic look.