Houzz Logo Print
dd1823

Curb appeal

dd1823
Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

I just cut down a front tree and now the house looks very baron. Can anyone help me with curb appeal or anything I can do to make the house more appealing? I would appreciate any help.

Комментарии: 11

• PRO
    Cynthia Taylor-Luce
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

What about adding some window boxes below the upstairs windows? This would help the proportions (there's a lot of wall space below the windows) and add some texture and interest. Here's a very grand version! Click on the photo to see the enlarged picture.

New Home Exteriors · Еще

dd1823 поблагодарил(а): Cynthia Taylor-Luce
  • Judy Mishkin

there is a lot of white on the first floor.

which door does your family go in? i find having 2 doors next to each other at the same height to be distracting, if you have a door to enter through the garage and the white door is to living space (not a mud room) you might eventually change those two small windows and door to something to match the window to the right of the red door.

then instead of that set of steps you could put a vine growing onto a pergola over the garage door.

• dd1823
    Автор

That is the door we use all the time that goes into a breezeway. There isn't any room for a door in the garage unfortunately. I do see what you mean though..

• emmarene9

I do not like the second door. Other than that it is fine. I do not think it looks barren.

dd1823 поблагодарил(а): emmarene9
  • dd1823
    Автор

Love the window boxes, the house is on the south side always sunny which may create an issue.

• PRO
    JudyG Designs

I would start touching up the front door. Paint all around the little windows red. I think your storm is white...paint it red.

I would replace the breezeway door with a full view...then no need for a storm door, which is distracting. That would be white.

No lovin' the shutters. Are the muntins in the windows paintable? If ss, remove shutters; paint the muntins black and then paint the front door black as well.

Cedar Lake Renovation · Еще

In the middle of the garden (where the tree may have come down?) plant another...something like a Japanese maple.

Lytle Road - Bainbridge Island · Еще

• dd1823
    Автор

Thank you for all your suggestions. I would like to first start with a new landscaping plan if anyone knows how to do it?

• PRO
    Cambridge Pavingstones with ArmorTec

You can increase your curb appeal dramatically by transforming your entryway with pavingstones and wallstones by Cambridge with Armortec. A pavingstone driveway will be a beautiful addition to your home, plus they’re durable and maintenance free. Please go to our website and visit the magnificent photos in our electronic brochure and gallery. By linking to Cambridge’s DesignScape Visualizer you can upload your photograph and preview what your re-designed entryway will look like using Cambridge Pavingstones and Wallstones. Visit our website at http://www.cambridgepavers.com

dd1823 поблагодарил(а): Cambridge Pavingstones with ArmorTec
  • PRO
    Clopay

Have you thought about replacing your garage door with a carriage house style door? It appears you only have a single door so it would be very affordable to replace it with a low-maintenance, insulated model that would add visual interest and character. Check out Clopay's Coachman Collection door. http://www.clopaydoor.com/coachman Many design options with optional windows are offered. You can use the Door Imagination System http://www.clopaydoor.com/door-imagination-system to upload your photo and try on different door styles. Professional dealers are located throughout the US and Canada. http://www.clopaydoor.com/where-to-buy

• decoenthusiaste

The two entries make it very tricky. Can the white door and sidelights become a bay like on the right? Then you could add a portico over the red entry door. Here are some garrison style homes like yours with portico entries. I think the 3rd one is what your home is supposed to look like.

Front Entry Portico Overhang · Еще

Classical Architecture · Еще

Colonial Addition Front · Еще