Houzz Logo Print
mnjpreciado

Looooong narrow enclosed patio help !!!

mnjpreciado
Год(а)/Лет назад: 8
recently enclosed our patio to be used as family hangout room it is long and narrow I need help with tv wall backside of fireplace window etc I am totally lost. do I mount a smaller tv to fireplace area ? curtains ? awkward ???

Комментарии: 7

• mnjpreciado
    Автор
    30 ft long by 12ft wide
  • Robin Michetti

Are there windows along the exterior wall side?...which I presume is the 30 foot side? Without a photo of the length of the room, it's hard to imagine. If it is a long wall with no or few openings, why not put in big, expansive windows and/or sliding doors. And if possible, put a long deck on the other side of the window. You can put plants in pots out there with lights on them at night and create a large room feel. I agree, you would have to divide and conquer. A piano area? An office area? ..even a closed off bedroom or bathroom... Good luck!

• Robin Michetti
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

Hello MNJ,

What was your original plan that you had in mind when you decided to enclose the patio?

I can see where this 'enclosed patio' can become a storage area...note: the 2 dining room chairs. If you need storage, can you make a walk in closet at one end...where you CAN put items, winter clothing and boots, vacuum, dining room chairs, games etc..? IF that doesn't appeal, you could build an attractive, custom wall unit at one end that holds that bulky TV. The way you have it now, you must see so much glare when you watch TV. Curtains will warm up and soften the window walls and make the area more inviting. Can you open up the fireplace so that it is usable on both sides. It's quite an eyesore otherwise.

Have you considered a built in bench with puffy cushions? Benches are fairly narrow so will make the room seem wider and any number of people can sit or stretch out on them. Great for storage, too!

Back to your original idea when you decided why you needed such an extension...was it for a mudroom? If so, you could create a beautiful space for hanging up clothes and for storage as in this photo. It's called 'a transitional entry'. [https://www.houzz.com/photos/2012-hgtv-green-home-transitional-entry-atlanta-phvw-vp~2360491[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/2012-hgtv-green-home-transitional-entry-atlanta-phvw-vp~2360491) In addition, because your space is huge, at the far end, why not put two chairs where you could have a cup of coffee and read the paper and be able to look out at the garden?

Good luck!

Robin

• mnjpreciado
    Автор
    large comfy sectional, tv maybe a small eating area?
  • mnjpreciado
    Автор
    here are a couple angles of room
  • PRO
    AK Complete Home Renovations

Why not mount a flatscreen on the backside of that fireplace?

6 floor to ceiling window panels would soften the 3 windows on that wall opposite the TV location. The couch should be able to sit comfortably between the windows & the TV, with a nice area rug to define the "viewing" area.

The window to the right of the FP could also easily have a console table below it which could house and hide all the media components.

A nice table and chairs close to the doors would make a great breakfast nook / garden overlook area.