Houzz Logo Print
hiba_abdulqader

Sloped roof to flat roof

Heba Jamaa
Год(а)/Лет назад: 8
We are thinking of renovating Our bathroom which has a low sloped roof & would like to change it into flat roof to give a sense of space! Do we need planning permission for it or something of this sort? We live in London.
I attached a photo of another bathroom to show what is a sloped roof

Комментарии: 3

• Rob
    Possibly but it may be permitted development if it is not the slope facing the highway. Look on the planning portal for more info, Google it and u should find it
    Heba Jamaa поблагодарил(а): Rob
  • PRO
    Caldicot Kitchen & Bathroom Centre

So many aspects to consider which might affect whether you need planning permission, so always worth checking with a planning officer first. While you may well need PP, I doubt this would be too contentious (unless you are in a conservation area, for example) and could well be under permitted development as you are unlikely to be increasing the volume by much, but it also will depend on whether any of your "permitted development allowance" may have already been used on other extensions.

Strongly advise you to get some advice and perhaps get an architect or building surveyor to do some initial outline plans to doscuss with the planning officer. Also, look at other similar houses in your street/area and see if they've done something similar - if they have, chances are you will be allowed also!

Heba Jamaa поблагодарил(а): Caldicot Kitchen & Bathroom Centre
  • PRO
    Dtr Roofing Ltd

I agree with the above