Houzz Logo Print
sumyers

Kitchen counters

sumyers
Год(а)/Лет назад: 8
Should you try to coordinate the kitchen countertops with the flooring?

Комментарии: 13

• misfoursir
    I wouldn't try to match it too much. Since you'll never get exact, you don't want it to look like a mistake. I would go with the dark grain.
  • Sammy

"Compliment" might be a more appropriate word for it.

• sumyers
    Автор
    Thanks for the response. I am liking the darker one too. Next question would be the backsplash. If I use the darker countertop, should I go with a plain light tile of some type.
  • ajoily
    I would go with the smaller dark one in the middle for the counter tops... Then consider keeping your backsplash fairly plain ... Perhaps translucent glass tiles in a wheat shade...there would be sparkle on black splash - the counter would be the focus- but the back splash would still compliment it in a classy way!
  • Kkeith
    Kirk Nelson....I Love your countertops. Is the second one a granite and what is it called? Do you know the country of origin? I'm a geologist and really love that counter! I just remodeled a house and this is a pic of my countertops. I agree they should be one of the more important design elements in the kitchen.
  • PRO
    Timothy Rivers Interiors

Hey there.. I think they should coordinate..yet not match. Break the rules!

I have a few blog posts that may help you out.

http://www.timothyriversinteriors.com/blog/

Happy Designing!

• rocketjcat
    They're laminate swatches I think? I feel they all have too much pattern to pair well with your floors. I would look for some a little less bold/busy. Maybe something like this or even the Formica marble.

https://www.houzz.com/photos/3422-crema-mascarello-180fx®-by-formica-group-kitchen-cincinnati-phvw-vp~554502®-by-Formica-Group-kitchen-cincinnati
  • rocketjcat
    Formica calacatta

Contemporary Kitchen · Еще
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

And change out the pulls to bronze

• sumyers
    Автор
    First time for me using the advice section! Love all the comments, but a little confused. I also feel like my choices might be a little busy for the floors, but I like the darker sample too.
    The samples are all wilsonart laminate. I have laminate now and after shopping for countertop materials, I think I'll go for it again. At this stage in my life, I would love an updated kitchen but I also want to travel with my hubby, so spending money on trips wins out over expensive countertop materials. That's also why we are keeping our oak cabinets, and I still like them.
  • PRO
    Smart Homes Innovations, Inc.

on the "Contemporary sleek and sexy LA beach house" i would install a 3 way custom sound-bar instead of 3 speakers in 3 different locations.

• PRO
    Design Intervention

Keith- the stone is called Black Agata. It is Quartzite and the country of Origin is Brazil.