Houzz Logo Print
fst96se

Help with outdoor space on new addition! Pergola, Patio, BBQ

fst96se
Год(а)/Лет назад: 8
Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

I'm in the middle of a kitchen remodel and an addition on the back of my house. I am struggling with designing a backyard space next to the house. Specifically a large patio and pergola and outdoor kitchen type system. Possible a slightly sunken hot tub near the master bedroom.

The plan is to have the patio at the same level of the house floor, so that you can walk out the big double slider without a step down. Have a step down to grass all the way around the patio.

I want most all of it covered with a large pergola... Not sure what to do with the area closest to you in the picture. I'm attaching a picture of the house currently, and of the house plan the lot. Anybody that wants to sketch something cool, that would be AMAZING! ;)

Комментарии: 3

• fst96se
    Автор

Hmm, can't upload photos.

• fnmroberts

Back Lawn and Patio

Above is a link to photos of our backyard and patio. Many of them have commentary below the picture. I can only comment on a few considerations we made and reasons we did what we did.

Egress - our house exit is 21" above the patio. We built an "egress porch" (in reality a small deck) with landing-style steps to safely transport items in/out.

Pergola - we wanted both shade and sunny areas so our Pergola shades the table. We added valances to block low sun. Adjacent trees have grown over almost 20 years so that umbrellas really aren't necessary any longer.

Hot Tub - initially considered extending the "deck" to surround the hot tub. But, access to the service panel would become very difficult so we scrapped the idea. Steps work fine.

Kitchen - we only have a natural gas grill. Plenty of electrical connections have been provided so that whenever we want to serve a hot buffet we simply set a table with hot plates, etc.

Patio - we comfortably accommodate >20 people in roughly 750 sq. ft. Seating gets moved around as individuals need.

Hope this helps.

• PRO
    Shade Outdoor Living Solutions

Great ideas so far! Our smart pergola by Arcadia has really helped facilitate needs much like yours. We find a lot of our clients hesitant to give up one thing over another due to either the pergola itself, the space, or restrictions. One thing to keep in mind with a wooden pergola although beautiful and helpful is that in most cases it is wooden, and it requires some maintenance over time. You potentially risk the problem of an open flame for a bbq, grill, and fire pits. Another that we encountered was the overall maintenance during the course of seasonal change and climate changes. Rain, sun, heat, and cold weather all take its' toll on wood, even treated wood with oil or stain.

We would love to help you create the perfect patio just the way you dream it to be! We invite you to take a look at our page, gather some ideas, and see what the Arcadia Louvered Roof could provide for your home. Our system is completely customizable in color and size, allowing you to keep every possibility available! Our built in gutter system keeps you dry and allows you to provide shade at any time of the day!

Good luck and let us know how we can help with your Houzz project!

-The Shade Team

Shade: Outdoor Living Solutions

Sponsored