Houzz Logo Print
amanda_glover70

need help with paint color

Amanda Glover
Год(а)/Лет назад: 8
I am horrible at making choices. chose this cement grey benjamin moore for walls and it looks purple!! want to go with a warm color. any advice? also backsplash color???

Комментарии: 22

• Amanda Glover
    Автор
    if any help this is a big open room with open dining room
  • terry toon
    I don't like that gray either. Looks like you need a warm color. Why gray in the first place?
  • Amanda Glover
    Автор
    I wanted warm and my husband wanted grey. we tried it and obviously didn't work! just picked up 4 warm samples today to try including bleeker beige, alexandria beige, ashley grey and one more I can't recall name
  • terry toon
    Maybe you should pick the backsplash first, since wall color is endless. What are you using as a backsplash, tile?
  • terry toon
    More pics would help, esp of the dining area.
  • Amanda Glover
    Автор
    I was going to do a subway tile just a solid color. I have a hard time making decisions so I haven't picked a color yet since the wall color was throwing me off
  • terry toon
    Do you know the color of your cabinets? Sometimes there is a good history of successful color combos.
  • terry toon
    Are you painting or having to hire someone? Looks like the ceiling is white so that's good, and you won't have to paint the backsplash area, and the door frames, etc are also white, so painting shouldn't be hard at all. But get what you want this time, you are in this room a lot.
  • Amanda Glover
    Автор
    they are cabico crema color and I matched the trim benjamin moore bavarian cream we have someone painting for us.
  • PRO
    Deleap L.L.C

What about Artisan Brown?!

• Luke Schiltz

My design instructor said the most troubling thing in design is paint color! So, I have found that I buy a small sample can of two or three paints that I like and paint a sizable swatch on the walls (at least three sides) and live with it a couple of days - things looks different in daylight and evening. It's way cheaper in time and money.. Good luck!

• MarleneM
    When I look at the pic you have with the tile choices, it looks like your cabinets are a good match to the crisp linen tile, and I think the one right above it "urban putty" looks to go with the granite nicely. I would paint some sample boards of the paint colours you are considering, and also narrow it down to 2-3 tile choices. Then take some pics and post here. Pick the tile first,bit will be easier to adjust paint choices if none of them look right, rather than trying to find tile after you paint.
  • PRO
    Carpet Mill USA Inc.

I have Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter in my home, its a a beautiful warm gray, with a lot of beige depending on your natural light in your home,

• Amanda Glover
    Автор
    what color limestone tile? do u have a picture?
  • PRO
    Carpet Mill USA Inc.

J. Hirsch Interior Design Portfolio · Еще

Historic Transformation · Еще
    heres the same color in a professional photo...It really is a beautiful color...I love it, and get a ton of compliments on it and i have had a few other Houzz people that I have suggested it to agree and do the same color...

• houssaon
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

I used BM's Storm in my dining room (in a matte finish) and my guests frequently compliment me on it.

Storm:

Needham Kitchen · Еще

Revere Pewter is almost beige. I used it for my hallway and trim in two bedrooms and really like it.

McKenzie Heights · Еще
    If it were up to me, I'd go with Storm. It is a bit darker and closer to a true grey. Another thought is that your lighting might be effecting the perception of color. Look for a soft white in lights, most existing have a yellow tinge.

• smboo1

I'll send a picture of limestone, tonight when I get home( California)but it's off white. I like the Revere Pewter color .

• terry toon
    You can search cabico crema (your cabinet color) in Houzz photos for a few ideas.
  • leelee

Limestone is more porous than marble. It can be lovely but if you cook much I think it might be a mistake. Get a sample square and seal it (of course) then try some splatters of grease/chili/turmeric or whatever you've noticed is hard to wash off. Also, acids like lemon juice can leave marks.

• rhondamom388

can i ask what size your kitchen is?

• Karen Anspach

Consider some color to brighten thing sup, maybe a soft blue or yellow. I have a blue kitchen that I love with cherry cabinets and off white trim.