Houzz Logo Print
alysoar

Need help for my bedroom

alysoar
Год(а)/Лет назад: 8
Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

Okay so I have no idea how to make my room more... me? I am aiming to make the most of my space while making it look more minimal. I am completely disorganized when I don't have places to put things, at the moment I only currently have so much furniture and my storage space is currently at 0. I have a diagram of my room that will be attached later on. I felt as though I should come here for advise seeing as though that I couldn't find any other seeming to be reliable place. as mentioned in the drawing of my room space, I have 13x13 size tiles. If anyone can help then that would be a really big help, oh and since I am investing in making my room more cozier, money will not be an issue!

• The windows are those vertical blinds, Im looking to making them curtains.
  • The door opens against the wall.
  • In the closet there is a top shelf, and a clothing rack. there is more space under it for other things,
  • the tiles are brown color with a marble design.
  • deciding which color will fit best for my room, A minty green color or a pastel purple color.

Комментарии: 7

• patrinkac
    Before tiling look on www. Many step by step instructions.
  • alysoar
    Автор
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

My current furniture is a

• 5-drawer, (wooden) dresser that takes up 1 1/2x3 tiles,
    • Fold up desk that takes up 1 1/2 x 2 tiles
    • Filing cabinet taking 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 tiles
    • A artist drawing desk that takes up 2 1/2 x 3 tiles
    • a 2 drawer wooden night stand that takes up 1/2 x 2 tiles
    • A metal frame bed that takes up 6 1/2 x 3 tiles (well elevated, can fit storage and average wooden boxes
    • Several storage boxes and a plastic drawer unit, all stored in my closet

Im still thinking on going to my nearest ikea or furnishing store to pick out matching furniture. The only matching furniture I have would be the night stand and the dresser, both from the same series. everything else doesn't match each other.

• PRO
    ccaro4
    Do not buy any storage bins or organizers until you read this book. It is a game changer. Even on how to fold clothes properly to fit more in your drawers where you can see every single shirt at one time, etc.

The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
    https://itun.es/us/Y6ol1.l

Seriously, do not skip this step. You will be so happy and have more room in your room for cool furniture pieces and maybe even be able to afford some amazing convertible furniture.

If money is no object and minimalism is the goal- check out this website. I would give my eye teeth for the cool sofa that turns very easily into very sturdy bunk beds. Resourcefurniture.com
  • beseaside

Before you shop, make a more accurate drawing by using a tape measure (minor investment). Get a 25'. Even though you have 13x13 tile, that doesn't account for the grout lines. Once you have the measurements, create the floorpan using graph paper and make several copies. Assess what furniture you actually need in your room. Do you need the drawing table, file cabinet and folding table in the bedroom or is there another location in your home? Now, go to the IKEA site and start looking at the furniture that meets your needs/wants. Get the measurements and try placing in the room on your floorplan. Just beside you give yourself plenty of room to move around.

• katinparadise

If you could also provide pictures of your space and the furniture pieces you'd like to work with, it would be helpful in giving you ideas.

• PRO
    Kuzemko Family Architects

Good afternoon! I am an experienced architect! Can you send mail the works) prepares you to perform a design project for your room. There will be spacious and functional.)