Houzz Logo Print
gaga51

Another backsplash dilemma question

gaga51
Год(а)/Лет назад: 8
I got some great advice on tile to use for my backsplash. I think I am going with a simple cream ceramic, either subway tile or 4x4 on a diagonal. My question is what it will look like under my counter top. There is only 4-1/2 inches in this space and I don't know how tile placement will look. I was considering a 3x6 inch subway tile. Any pics you can share with a similar situation?

Комментарии: 17

• Nancy Ingram
    You could not have anything there since it's not a "wet" area or you could get a mosaic version of your subway tile.
  • Maureen

I would leave as is or add a stainless steel sheet, which won't look patchy and will compliment your hardware.

• gaga51
    Автор
    I want to continue the backsplash around to this area over the sink and just under the bar area since it's a continuation of my granite from the other side. The second picture shows it's a narrow space but I just feel like I should bring the tile around to match the other side.
  • miacometlady
    4by 4 tile and rope tile? No grout line.it adds up to 4.5 inches at least!
  • izeve

4x4 on the diagonal would look just fine. I have a similar area in my kitchen. Will try to post a picture later.

• kpappal
    I also have a similar area in my kitchen, and we just had the tile continued into this space.
  • gaga51
    Автор
    kpappal, what kind of tile did you use? Diagonal, subway or something else?
  • PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC

What about a 2x4, 2x6, or 2x8 tile? These sizes are being used a lot right now, and are very classic looking. The 4 x 4 on the diagonal is a bit dated, in my opinion.

• keenplanner

If it's dry, vertical strips of wainscoting would look nice.

• izeve
    Here is the strip between the counter and the bar area using a diagonal tile layout.
  • gaga51
    Автор
    Izeve, that looks very nice! Thanks for the photos. I do think it is now time for another trip to the tile store!
  • gaga51
    Автор
    Wondered about an opinion on the tike on the left.
  • PRO
    FDK Design

How about something like this? Its a 6"X6" honed crema marfil, 1"X1" mosaic and honed crema marfil subway. Something different?

Casual Elegance - Scripps Ranch · Еще

• PRO
    R.D. London Studios

I do not favor mixing a beautiful granite with a ceramic tile. If you add a backsplash I would go with the same granite on the counters. Other option would be to repaint to a color that is in the granite not the blue.

• loudon1
    We just filled that space with granite in our kitchen.
  • radish
    I just did a 4x2 white ceramic subway backsplash - they come in 12x12 sheets which is pretty handy. I also think a smaller scale subway in a herringbone pattern would be so cool.
    (I'm not finished with my kitchen yet, obviously).