Houzz Logo Print
dee3340

Appliances

Dee Crow
Год(а)/Лет назад: 8
I'm in need of a new stove. I currently have almond which, of course, is out. My dishwasher and microwave are black. Fridge is almond. Cabinet s are medium oak. Should I continue with black, go with stainless or the new slate? Thanks, Dee

Комментарии: 6

• acm

I would go with what would make you happy. With the black microwave and dishwasher so nearby, I'd be inclined to get a black stove, but even the stainless or slate ones have a fair amount of black, so probably any of those solutions would look ok. If you're worried about resale, somebody is going to make major changes in your kitchen no matter what, so just get something that makes you happy you had to get a new stove.

• shirlpp

Imagine a stainless steel stove, almond refrigerator, black microwave and black dishwasher versus a black stove, black microwave, black dishwasher and almond refrigerator....If you are not going to replace the other appliances, I'd go with black.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

You can have your fridge painted ( an auto body shop is a good bet).........black. Better than almond.... not that expensive to have done. And yes.....it holds up well: )

• PRO
    JAN MOYER

There's a BLACK microwave above the stove, a black dishwasher. The only appliance being replaced as of now is the stove, yes? For a coat of spray paint, it will all match. For now. By the time the "fridge dies" which could be two years or ten years, all the appliances and much else may need replacing, and perhaps even the new stove as well as part of a larger re-do with different size everything or different location some things.. Sometimes .....the fast fix, while not nearly perfection, is the prudent fix.

• PRO
    Colorado Homes & Design
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 7

Black is classic!