Houzz Logo Print
breda44

Should I bring to new house?

breda44
Год(а)/Лет назад: 8
Old Country Roses Royal Albert China: Dinner Tea & Coffee pieces. Unused in cupboard for 20 years? Now downsizes Moving..
Is this too old fashioned to use or should I sell?.

Комментарии: 11

• PRO
    OnePlan
    If you don't love it - someone else will !! I'd suggest selling it and buying something you do use/want/need instead - but only if it has no sentimental value !
    It's very pretty !!!
  • PRO
    Hunkydory Home

If it's been unused in a cupboard for 20 years it's likely to continue being unused... I'd sell it :)

• Juliet Docherty

My Grandma treated herself to buying a piece of this every month or so until she acquired a proper collection. Having worked in 'domestic service' in the 1920's, it meant a lot to her to own something perceived at the time as being so elegant. If you don't like it there will probably be others out there looking to replicate missing pieces or even start one off.

breda44 поблагодарил(а): Juliet Docherty
  • Emmeline Westin

It's beautiful! But yes, if you haven't used it for so many years, you probably won't use it after you've moved either. There will certainly be someone who would love to look after it - perhaps someone on Houzz!

breda44 поблагодарил(а): Emmeline Westin
  • jacksplash

Sometimes I pack things away only to find them years later and end up liking them again! I suppose it depends on what style you like right now..if they don't fit in I'm sure someone else would love to have it.

breda44 поблагодарил(а): jacksplash
  • Ruth Payot
    when transferring to a home segregation of belongings and reusability is considered
    breda44 поблагодарил(а): Ruth Payot
  • cazzajo

It's beautiful! my grandma had a set and used it for special occasions. I would have loved to have her set and I would also have used it for special occasion (special visitor, Easter, Christmas...) or just simple pleasure.

breda44 поблагодарил(а): cazzajo
  • Deirdre Whelan

oh you must keep,its all the rage anyway.i have all my mums lovely china to cherish.

breda44 поблагодарил(а): Deirdre Whelan
  • phoenix64

I've had this same tea set boxed in my cupboard for 26 years, unused. I took it out last month and now use it all the time. Now that I'm 26 years older, I find I really appreciate a cup of tea from a china tea cup instead of a big old mug. So do my friends and family. Use and enjoy.

• breda44
    Автор

Thanks for all the comments? I'm really surprised at myself because as it awaited packing away or selling on, I actually started to Like it, especially the 'Afternoon Tea' feel attached to the pattern and china cup & saucer.