Houzz Logo Print
tommyflan

Show us something colourful in your home!

Tom Flanagan
Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

It's London Design Festival next week and one of our big events is at 100% Design! This year's theme is 'design in colour', so we thought we'd get prepared and kick things off by asking you guys to show us something colourful in your home.

Whether it's your wallpaper, your bedding, a cushion or your door, leave us a comment or a photo of the colourful things in your home!

British Standard Showroom: Hoxton · Еще

Комментарии: 33

• PRO
    Wren Kitchens

Great to see a celebration of colour in the home! We'll kick things off with an Aztec beauty... Linda Barker Contour Kitchen

• PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

Hello Tom,

Well I will follow Wren's lead by also including my own designed kitchen with dark charcoal matt cupboards and black and charcoal windows to compliment the warm bamboo worktop... It's not colourful in the red and yellow sense... but darks are in! :))

• PRO
    Wren Kitchens

Love the charcoal! :)

• PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd

Thank you Wren : ) ).... I do all my own painting... : ))

• G Arnold
    Lots of bits of colour in our place...

Eg. lounge with bright print from urban artist Pahnl, yellow table, red cables... Also have a few different coloured frames...etc

Kitchen with a few pops in chairs and cupboards and things like the kettle...

Stairs... They are painted a pale blue, and a bit childish but as a kid i did love space invaders, the pendant from Muuto too adds a bit of colour...

It goes on and on... White walls, grey doors and then a few bits of colour.
  • seniordiva
    My colourful living room always lifts my spirits.
  • Juliet Docherty

Seniordiva, love the turquoise painting.

• philip mills
    2 very colourful paintings hanging at the top of our stairs
  • PRO
    Seasons in Colour

I am thinking, our blue walls in bedrooms make for a nice contrast to the rest of the rooms and colourful throws and cushions work well with them (stiffkey blue)

• PRO
    Anna Finnegan Design

I love colour in my designs..... This console table really added that splash of colour we wanted....

New Build · Еще

• PRO
    Ocean Home Designs

@Gary - I love the space invaders on the wall - superb!

• Holly Weare
    my junkyard finds were once dull and uninspiring shades of magnolia and brown, colour and imagination can breathe new life into the old and neglected
  • dtoi
    I think my bedroom can definitely be described as colourful!
  • dtoi
    Love the green leather in my kitchen!
  • PRO
    Wren Kitchens

Wow - that is quite the design statement! :)

• User
    My colourful canvas!
  • User
    OK, having looked around my home. I realised I like a 'pop' colour
  • Sheila Birch

just a quirky bit of fun! school hols means a trip to the pottery shop with my grandchildren I painted the jug and then painted the picture when I got home - and I love it. (there's a different face on the other side of the jug).

sheila_birch's Ideas · Еще

• Mystic Home

• Mystic Home

my bedroom is marrying dark deep purples, yellow , green rug and blue walls!

• PRO
    Tim Wood Limited

Here's one of our really colourful kitchens

Quilted Maple Kitchen with Red Wall · Еще

• alant1000
    Mine are a 1979 'Sinerpica' lamp by postmodern designer Michele De Lucchi, a 1986 Neos 'Lorenz' wall clock, and some nice geometric wall paper I used to have from photowall.
  • jackiemplummer

Orange everywhere!

• kb_55
    My teal guest room! This room always makes me smile!
  • kb_55
    This is one of my grey and purple master bedroom
  • PRO
    Arttus Interiors
    We restored and conserved this early 17th century staircase. The decision was made to conserve and keep the original colourful paint to show the patina of 100s of years of use rather than restoring it fully which we feel looks fantastic. New elements that were added such as the finals and panelling were left natural to contrast with the original painted features.
  • PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd

Lovely staircase Arttus.. Finials aside which I think they actually didn't need as the staircase is lovely as it was... but nicely done!! : ))

• PRO
    Arttus Interiors
    Thanks A J interiors the finals had been cut off previously and they would of had very similar finials to this originally
  • PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd

Hello Arttus, Yes that is true.. they would have had similar... I think you have approached the restoration perfectly nonetheless.. When people "do up" and restore period property too much, they lose much of the character that comes with it.. It's knowing when less is definitely more! : ) )

• kb_55
    My new canvas to brighten up our grey dining room. Hoping that we can incorporate some final yellow touches to finish this room off.
  • Marina Bridger
    Here is my main wall in the dining end of my kitchen. My mother in law said she would never have been brave enough to go for that! Haha....I love it!
  • seniordiva
    @dtoi..........mine too!