Houzz Logo Print
lucylou40

We have planning permission !! Now we're re-thinking our layout.

lucylou40
Год(а)/Лет назад: 8
This is the ground floor plan which has been approved. Currently we only have 2 rooms, the 'study' is our living room and the 'dining room' is our kitchen, but I've labeled them in the picture as we intended to use them after the build is complete... But ideally, I wanted to incorporate a pantry, a utility room and a W/C as well. I'd love some suggestions and ideas on how best to use the space. Thank you

Комментарии: 7

• Ash McGregor

I think you're trying to cram far too much within that footprint

• minnie101

Hi. I think the end part of the living room could become the office. It really depends on how you'll use an office but 8ft x 6'6 is more than big enough for a desk with storage underneath and leaves you with a decent size lounge. Where the door into the study is could become your loo which you could also put a shower in if wanted as it's plenty big enough. The other half of the office becomes your utility. It is without a window though so would need extraction. Id put storage cupboards in here too as you don't seem to have any. This doesn't give you a pantry though and also means the position of the kitchen units would change.

• PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

Hello Lucy,

Yes I think Minnie's idea of office in the end small space of the living room is a gr8 idea.. It makes use of what is otherwise an awkward space.. Any way to take out the two walls 1 between living and dining, so you have a completely open plan area? And 2nd between kitchen and dining? May lose 2m on that bit of wall but it's long enough for a galley kitchen on the far wall.

This would make for a nice flow between rooms. The door going into the study could (if a divider was put in).. walk in to a tiny loo/cloakroom.. with window.. If just over a meter wide could be achievable.. Back to wall loo and shower if wet room style.. Then put another door in at other end for the pantry/utility.. Would be big enough for a walk in pantry/storage. Or you have the door opening from kitchen side.. Think this could still be achievable as you still have two sides for kitchen.. Do like the two french doors in both kitchen and living room gr8 for entertaining.. Going to be fantastic!

: ))

• PRO
    OnePlan
    Soil pipes work better with minimum bends etc - so when putting in an extra loo - position is often dictated by what's already there ... can you indicate where (if any ) bathrooms are upstairs ?
  • PRO
    Stuart Duckett Design Studio Ltd

Have a think about the orientation - where does the sun rise and set in relation to the rooms? I always think it nice to have morning sun (east facing) kitchens and evening sun (west facing) living room/patio. Think how you might use the spaces and when. Think about the spacial flow as well...........wc access from outside would be convenient without travelling through other spaces. Maybe the office/study could make a nice study/hall with wc/cloaks and storage, and an opening so you can glimpse the side of the stair? Perhaps the kitchen/dining wall could be opened up a bit more to create a more social kitchen/entertaining space?

• Jonathan
    Swap the new kitchen and new living rooms around. The space on the plan marked living room would make a great kitchen with room at the end for a small downstairs wc and laundry room.
  • dorothie

Is there enough space under the stairs to put a loo? From the plan I think I would swop the kitchen and living room around but it depends visually on the outlooks etc.