Houzz Logo Print
decorideas523

help!!!! on subway tile job

decorideas523
Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

I am helping lay subway tile in the master shower of my daughter's new home. The subway tile will be on 2 sides, (the other 2 sides are enclosed with glass. The tiled section is 8' ft. high x 6' ft. long and 8' ft. high x 4 ft. long. It started out great- all level, but about 4 ft. high it started getting unlevel by about 1/8th inch. From the front it almost looks like it has a slight sway in the center - its not to noticeable, but I don't understand why there would be a sway at all and why is it unlevel. The wall is square and does not have a bow. Help, I really do not know how to fix this. I know that all tile may vary slightly, but if I tried to put too many wedges, then the grout line will be too wide in spots. What am I doing wrong? (Other than not hiring a professional).

Комментарии: 2

• PRO
    Cherry Construction

wedge spacers can help level uneven margins

• hayleydaniels

As we've found out in renovating our home, no home is perfectly square, level or straight. Chances are on end of the shower is higher than the other even if only by 1/16th of an inch. And your tiles might be wider or narrower by 1/16th of an inch here and there as well.

Check youtube for videos on how to tile a shower. My husband tiled our kitchen, dining room, laundry, pantry and related area along with the backsplash and found several good tiling videos on youtube that helped him a lot.