Houzz Logo Print
jon_stevens

Budget Kitchen Transformation

Jon Stevens
Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

When my wife and I bought our house, the kitchen was bland. The walls, cabinets, appliances and floor were different shades of the same color, blah. We didn't have a big budget for a renovation, so we we starting looking for deals. We found a number of affordable solutions that I have outlined below.

Before:

We used the Rustoleum Cabinet Transformation kit ($75 and a long weekend) to do the cabinets and we couldn't be happier. The finish seems durable and we love the texture added by the optional glaze. We found granite for $35/sqft ($1400 total) installed at a local business running a deal. The rectangular offset porcelain tile floor was about $1/sqft ($150 total) at a local surplus store. The white subway tile backsplash is from Home Depot for $2.50/sqft ($100 total). The new cabinet and drawer pulls were sold in packs of 10 at Home Depot (about $30 total).

The total transformation came in under $2000 excluding appliances. Here's the (almost) finished product. What do you think?

After:

Комментарии: 17

• PRO
    Drawer Essentials

Beautiful! Love the cabinets.

• acm

Great work! REally has a lot of character now!

• PRO
    Studio S Squared Architecture, Inc.

Very interesting transformation

• Ashley

Looks great!! Completely changed the feel of it!

• PRO
    The RTA Store

Beautiful transformation!

• PRO
    M&R Custom Millwork Inc

Well done. Love how the cabinets turned out, great color.

• PRO
    Barn Light Electric Company

What a great, budget-friendly transformation! That subway tile backsplash looks beautiful!

• PRO
    May Construction, Inc.

Great cabinet color, beautiful!

• Ethan D

Looks like you made some great choices! I love to see the occasional "budget-friendly" makeover on here - well done!

• PRO
    Bettina and Company

Yes! A good paint job makes for a very affordable kitchen makeover. Nice work.

• bwmsuccess

Very nice! Now you have a beautiful kitchen unique to you, instead of a boring track home kitchen. Love the colors.

• mrskain1
    Looks amazing!
  • Nico

love it!

• tooky58

Wondreful job, really like the cabinet color.

• User

Good start. Please share another picture when it's all done.

• PRO
    Limitless Walls

What a transformation!