Houzz Logo Print
scappock

Weeping Blue Atlas Cedar - can't find a straight one to purchase

scappock
Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

Hello all,

I live in northern NJ and I have been searching hi and lo, online and at nurseries, for a weeping blue atlas cedar to purchase that is NOT trained into serpentine shape. I want one that is straight so I can train it into a classic "T" style.

I'm obsessed with getting this thing!!!!

The only place I found one so far is on Amazon, and that's for a 2 foot twig. I've set aside a large area of my front yard so it has room to grow and I was hoping for something with a little more meat so that I don't have to wait until I'm retired for it to actually look like an impressive tree.......as opposed to a twig sticking out of the ground in a large area.

Help me fulfill my dream!!! Please.

Thanks,

Sean

Комментарии: 4

• PRO
    Revolutionary Gardens

I'd suggest reaching out to the NJ Nursery and Landscape Association. They may be able to put you in touch with a grower. I met a great evergreen/conifer grower at the trade show in February (even bought the coolest little oddball deodar cedar that's now in my yard) but I can't find his contact info anywhere.

• scappock
    Автор

Great advice!!!

I am going to do just that.

THANKS

• PRO
    Revolutionary Gardens

happy to help! Feel free to check out my blog for plant and design topics. It's always gratifying to know people actually read what you write!

• PRO
    Kids Creations
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

@Revolutionary Gardens- I browsed through your blog and I really like it. Very clean and thorough.