Houzz Logo Print
mmm124855

New apartment. Oddly shaped trapezoidal bedroom! Help!

mmm124855
Год(а)/Лет назад: 8
We're moving and my bedroom is almost impossible for me to design; I've spent hours trying to figure out where to place things. One of the walls is completely made up of two large closets, and another a window and large air conditioner which sticks out. Please help me design the room. I enjoy minimalist designs but any are okay. The last image is of my current room so you have an idea of my mattress size and some furniture I may bring. Thank you!

Комментарии: 4

• Elle

It's nice that you at least have 2 closets. It looks like you may have to float your bed in the middle of the room. The concept of having a small bedroom with most storage space in the closet(s) is more common in other countries so you may be able to get some inspiration from European design sites.

• studio10001
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

Your bed looks like a fit against the wall to the right of the entrance, ( as you are coming in). I suggest you keep your bed table(s), readings light(s) and TV wall hung, with a swivel/articulating arm for the latter. The additional storage upright can be disguised with a fabric cover and velcro closures, if it still fits in the room. If you are leaving that piece behind, wall hung shelves are a more flexible option.

• mmm124855
    Автор
    Thanks for the suggestion studio!
  • PRO
    Staged4Success

I agree with studio, the bed will fit on the wall right of the entrance. Using hung side tables and lamps will optimize space usage.

Girl's Bedroom · Еще

Harwichport Interior · Еще