Houzz Logo Print
cieramachek

Front Door Color

Ciera Machek
Год(а)/Лет назад: 8
Trying to decide if I should.paint the front door or just add colorful accessories (wreaths and potted flowers etc). If I paint it I was thinking about black. Any suggestions ? We are working on curb appeal in general and the landscaping is a work in progress but it is so darn hot out its a slow work. thank you!

Комментарии: 14

• acm

Yes, I would paint -- the current paint blends in with the color of the blinds (through glass. Black would be nice, but so would a strong dark color like burgundy or navy...

• lefty47
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

HI -- Fabulous house . Look at "Vintage Wine " or "Polo Blue " by Benjamin Moore paints .... very high class rich colors . Or look at any of the historic colors . Those are great front doors and would look good in any color , I think .

• PRO
    Vandamm Interiors

I like the idea of painting the front door. High gloss paint is great for doors. Black would be clean and neat with the black shutters. A strong hunter green, or red, would also work and be an eye catcher. I would keep the front door neat and clear of accessories.

If you would like a lot of eye appeal in the landscaping without too much work in the heat, just plant some large containers with colorful flowers and put them along the path. That way, you get the attention that color brings, but you can plant them quickly and change them out easily with the seasons. Just make sure to water them often.

• papillon2

I agree with others who say "paint them." They're such pretty doors, but they recede now.

• Ciera Machek
    Автор
    Thank you all for your input. I totally agree they just kind of fade away in their current state. I love all of the suggestions and love the idea of painting and just keeping the look very clean. maybe just doing a few planters and shaping up current landscaping. thank you all!
  • grapefruit1_ar

Your home is very lovely. It is being kept from its full potential because of the landscaping. I would remove all of the current plantings and start fresh. You could get a plan and then work on it over time.

I agree that you have many options for door colors. BUT, I think that you will have a better idea once those plants are gone.

• Ciera Machek
    Автор
    I just painted the doors in black... do I need to paint the sides or does this look good?? I can't decide... I'm still taking in the black doors !
  • PRO
    Vandamm Interiors

YES, paint the side lights too. That way, the entire rectangle will hang together. It will be stronger, and more of a centering anchor when the black area is wider. Liking the look. Now for the plantings and decorative pots?

• Ciera Machek
    Автор
    Thanks @Vandamm Interiors... after I get the door done the potted plants /flowers will be next. I have an very active 1.5 year old so nap time I'm racing to do my projects, so it takes me a while to get things done. Thanks so much for your help!
  • PRO
    Vandamm Interiors

So welcome. Limited time is sometimes the best since it forces you to edit! Looking forward to seeing the all dark door area and the flower/plants!

• Ciera Machek
    Автор
    Does it look ok that the front door is a high gloss and the shutters I don't believe are??
  • kathleen MK
    Thevshutters and door work together don't worry about the gloss.
  • PRO
    Vandamm Interiors
    What a difference! It looks great. Ideally, the sheen would be the same on the doors and the shutters but you can't tell from a distance. I really think that a person who is standing at your front door is going to admire the door....not criticize the lack sheen on the shutters. After all, this is all about curb appeal! Enjoy your new look.