Houzz Logo Print
priyers

need help with living room furniture

priyers
Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

i ordered 2 couches for my living room. one is a light grey and another a deep blue -

the idea was to pull them in together using pillows, throws and accent chairs. but now i'm having major doubts that they can work together. i would really appreciate input on this. i still have a couple of days to change the order before the furniture arrives.

Комментарии: 8

• PRO
    Atchison Architectural Interiors, LLC
    You should purchase both sofas in the same style and fabric. If you want different styles and fabric, then buy 1 sofa and 2 chairs. The chairs should be identical. If there are not matching pairs then it typically looks like you bought whatever was on sale rather than had a professional interior design scheme.
    priyers поблагодарил(а): Atchison Architectural Interiors, LLC
  • priyers
    Автор

i like the blue. so are you suggesting i get the blue sofa and 2 larger chairs in grey?

• Elle

They are nice sofas. An area rug that includes both gray and blue would help pull them together.

• Mark

There are so many options if you have the space but not knowing the size of your room it's hard to say what you should do with your time restraint.

If you really like the look of the inspiration picture below then by all means get two navy sofas.

If your not certain and can change your order then just purchase the one navy sofa and take your time finding just the right chairs to compliment them.

https://www.houzz.com/photos/georgette-westerman-interiors-contemporary-living-room-los-angeles-phvw-vp~743170

• Ann

Agree with all above. Either match the two sofas, or preferably buy one sofa and a chair pair. Once you place a table between the two chairs, they'll be about as long as a standard sofa. You probably won't want larger chairs as you mentioned. Just nice average sized chairs. But lay it all out and measure where everything will be. Place tape on the floor to see what you're dealing with.

• papillon2

I agree--change the order. And just a thought regarding color--if you like the green one at all, it might be easier to work with long term. That color of green is very versatile--you can use your navy as an accent, but you can also use yellow, red/peach, purple, beige, etc. It gives you lots of alternatives.

• susan2494

If you will send some photos of your room it will be easier to recommend 2 sofas. Unless the room is really big and can accommodate the 2 sofas and 2 chairs. I would pick the blue (the one you say you like best), then send some photos when it arrives to pick out chairs and the best room arrangement.