Houzz Logo Print
casandra383

How blasé is a bedroom furniture 'set'?

Casandra383 Dean
Год(а)/Лет назад: 8
I am looking for furniture for my MB. I found this set but am wondering how bad a matched set would really be? The dresser/mirror would not be used in the room; just the bed and night stands. (I also thought about recovering the leather panels on the bed in the cream velvet my chaise lounge is being recovered in.)

Комментарии: 11

• Brandi Nash Hicks
    I love it ,and I would leave the headboard as is and have some nice pillows made to match your love seat
  • PRO
    JAN MOYER
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

PAINT....... the bed, use the nightstands as is, Or use the bed as is with new fabric, and paint the night stands. Or..... Use the bed as is with new fabric panels, paint the DRESSER, and get something different for bedside tables.

• Rawketgrl

How many people go into your bedroom? If you like it go for it! I personally think it is awesome. Your idea with the cream velvet sounds wonderful and a nice contrast to the wood.

• teamaltese
    "They" say you don't buy sets, because it's too matchy. Unless "They" live with you, you use what ever furniture you want to. We rely too much on the opinions of strangers. Decorating is personal to the home. It's a lovely set of furniture, and will look great in your home!
  • lefty47

HI -- Sets are fine and you don't have to have the whole set in one room and or if the finish is different on some of the pieces , that's fine too . The new material would actually up-date the headboard ... good idea ! The dressers someday could be used to flank a fireplace as an example . And as said before , just how many people are going to be going into your bedroom . This set looks very rich and well made and of heirloom quality .

• RubyRoses
    I really like the set, and you can add a different element to it with a small side table by chair. you could also use 2 different lamps on the bedside chests.
  • PRO
    Sruthi Naidu Professional Organizer

I really like the idea of redoing the fabric on the headboard. I would also change the hardware on the end tables What are the other colors and fabrics in the room? Taking a picture of the room it will be going in would be helpful. If the room is bright enough, you can leave as is and use light colored fabrics.

• Casandra383 Dean
    Автор
    PS: I got it off craigslist for $800!
  • RubyRoses
    Nice buy!
  • sandiocd
    That cutie patootie in the bed is one of the sweetest "accessories" I have seen in a loooong time!