Houzz Logo Print
tiamoonsankey

Picking a color to paint the paneling in my bathroom , I'm going off of the floor tiles

tiamoonsankey
Год(а)/Лет назад: 11
I'm only painting the bathroom but I am having some troubles trying to find a color to match the floor tiles , I'm using the floor tiles as my pallet that I'm going off of, I'm only painting the panelling a different color the other wall will just be white , or a off white , and ideas please , the black is to harsh and makes the bathroom look smaller than it already is .
I would also like to paint the sink cabinet but stuck on that as well. Please help

Комментарии: 5

• PRO
    Engrav's Decorating
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 11
    Leaving any of the walls white will make your bathroom look smaller. It's in the contrasts that shrink rooms. I would paint all the walls the same. It looks like your tile is a rich brown in the photo. Would you consider using a golden yellow with chocolate towels and accessories? You could paint the cabinet a lighter shade of the walls.
  • rinked
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 10
    Isn't the floor tile grouted? Or does it just look that way?
  • rinked
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 10
    Anyway, use a pale greige or grey/green-blue for the paneling (prime it white first). Change the light fixture and after that decide whether you still want to paint the vanity, because I think it will look good once the walls are painted.
    andrew pogue photography · Еще

Open Plan Kitchen · Еще

Globus Builder · Еще

Family bathroom makeover · Еще
  • PRO
    George the Painter
    I second rinqreations comment. The grey will tie in with the tiles as well as the vanity left as is. If you have your heart set on changing the vanity color a dark chocolate brown would be the way to go.
  • Rawketgrl
    Right now you have several colors. White, off white, black, brown, chrome. Paint all the walls the same color. Do not paint the paneling a different color. I like the all the colors mentioned by the previous posters. After the walls are done you may like the vanity. If not a darker shade of the floor color would be nice. I do like the floor tiles they are a nice color and the room will look nice all 1 color with the tile for contrast.