Houzz Logo Print
vizkid88

Wood floor on concrete subfloor.

vizkid88
Год(а)/Лет назад: 9
I need to redo the floors in my condo including the kitchen. My condo was built in 1942 and has a concrete subfloor over a crawl space. I have been told I can't use solid wood. Is this true? If it is what are my options. I am not a fan of wood look tile. Thanks very much.

Комментарии: 6

• liz29
    I have concrete sub floors also I used Pergo XP Extreme Performance the floor is beautiful have it in 2+ years and they look like they went in yesterday.
  • liz29
    Photo used in kitchen LR & DR
  • hayleydaniels

Talk to the staff at a high end [not Home Depot or Lumber Liquidators] flooring store about your options. My husband also says you can't do hardwood on a concrete slab as I was suggesting that for my sister's house that is a concrete slab.

• vizkid88
    Автор
    Thanks everybody
  • PRO
    Interstate Flooring and Stairs

I sell engineered antique heart pine and engineered antique oak for a concrete subfloor, heck i even sell a 1/2" solid antique heart pine that can be glued straight to the concrete if you will use bostix best glue...take a look at how i do things at my website and if you want me to quote you , send me a square footage of what your looking for and where your at and i will do a shipping quote. Cheerswww.interstateflooringandstairs.com