Houzz Logo Print
agneskg1

Help with kitchen kick board drawers

agneskg1
Год(а)/Лет назад: 9
Can one put drawers in a 100mm height kickboard.
What would the internal height of the drawer be?
Is there a small base frame or is the underneath open to dust and particles?
My designer and builder are at odds about whether joinery should go in first or the engineered timber floor resting on regupol. The stone waterfall edge presents a problem also.

Комментарии: 6

• agneskg1
    Автор
    Hi Colour confidence Interiors. Thanks for your input. How much gap should one leave below? What interior drawer height would you estimate? Regarding the floor provider he says one can go either way whether joinery on top or timber just goes to the edge just under the kickboard. Visual better result if timber goes underneath the stone edge. Even on regupol 8/4mm floor installer is not worried about weight of the stone Agnes
  • mldesign0401
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 9
    Agnes, kicker concealed drawers are generally fitted into 150mm minimum kickers with a push catch release runner, which you kick with your toe. Runners are 25mm high, and the kicker drawer would be a solid base coinstruction, so factor in a 16mm base, 10mm top and bottom clearance combined, the 25mm runner, and you would end up with a 49mm high internal drawer box in a 100mm kicker, and almost 100mm in the 150. These drawers are really only useable for oven trays etc, although as they are used often, this is a impractical storage system to utilize daily. These drawers are factored in when limited storage can be included into joinery, and the cost for installation is quite high. The time to install onsite is costly, and level and even floors are a must for them to work.
    As for your floor, definately floor first so if joinery is ever modified the floor is consistent and no infills are needed. It is also beneficial for leveling, and sealing the floor surface entirely. Go with this option.
  • agneskg1
    Автор
    Thanks Most helpful
  • PRO
    Colour Confidence Interiors
    Hi Agnes, I don't like push catches to Kicker drawers, as I find they get 'pushed' by clumsy feet and therefore open when you don't need or expect them to. Otherwise I agree with the notes of Midesign.
    Another consideration re the floor is that if it buts up to the cabinetry then there will most likely be a filling required of beadwork or silicon at that join - this can be unsightly and another material to consider its treatment of - paint, stain, what shape, size?! It is always a neater and cleaner look if the flooring can go under the cabinetry. If your trades say there is no issue with this, then it is a better solution.
  • agneskg1
    Автор
    Underneath is the option I favour. Concern is weight of stone benchtop and waterfall edge sitting on timber on regupol 8/4 which is ? more compressible than thinner regupol