Houzz Logo Print
barb_bryanrozeboom

Countertop dilemma

home iswheretheheartis
Год(а)/Лет назад: 9
I have attached 2 photos of our current kitchen. The countertops, sink and cabinets were put in by previous owners. My husband and I replaced the flooring to red birch, added the lights and stainless steel appliances and kitchen faucet. I am seriously considering having the cabinets painted a cream color with a brown or tan glaze. I am going to replace the countertops and have found a quartz (Silestone bamboo square piece in 3rd photo) and a granite (Sienna Beige) that I really like. I am not opposed to changing the window coverings and wall paint if I go with the granite.

Комментарии: 5

• PRO
    John's Hnadyman Service

So what is your question?

• home iswheretheheartis
    Автор
    Which countertop would you go with? Any other helpful thoughts or ideas to update our kitchen would be great.
  • User

Both are nice and will look good with the painted cabinets. Granite, being a stone, has imperfections in the form of pits and fissures that may or may not be filled and completely smooth. The quartz will be a completely smooth surface, but will also be very uniform in apperance and so lack some interest. Just decide what you want. After a year, I'm still seeing things in my granite that I hadn't previously noted and I find that interesting.

Do replace the valances and clear the top of the cabinets. Handles instead of knobs are more contemporary too.

• PRO
    Greater Dayton Building & Remodeling

The granite you are looking at is a great look! It has ivory, gold and grey hues to go with just about anything. I agree, painted cabinets would really update and freshen the kitchen. New valances on boards or relaxed Roman shades in a lattice pattern would really update the space. Have fun!

• PRO
    Tipp Interiors

The really like the granite you are considering. I love the colors and all the movement it has. If you really want to update the kitchen , before paintng your cabinets consider extending your current cabinets to the ceiling by adding small cabinets and finishing them off with nice molding. Be sure to compliment your new look with unique stylish handles. Also, I think if you toned down the window treatments and added new modern looking bar stools you would really update the space. Good luck and have fun!