Houzz Logo Print
kathy_cave

Need help with new countertop design for my kitchen

Kathy Cave
Год(а)/Лет назад: 9
I want to get new countertops for my kitchen and I'm having a really hard time deciding about the 4 in backsplash. I know I don't want it. My husband is going put a tiled backsplash behind the stove area only. So here is my first question, will the other 2 areas look weird without a tiled backsplash? My next question is what to do around the sink? Put the granite all the way up to the window sill, a 4 inch backsplash or tile?

It would be really helpful if someone could just decide this stuff for me!! :)

Комментарии: 14

• Emmy
    What kind of tile is hubby putting above stove? And why not tile the whole area?
  • Maureen
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 9
    I think if you just did the one wall, it will be fine and it more or less becomes your feature wall.
    [houzz=
    Scheinholtz Associates · Еще
    ]
  • PRO
    Gray & Walter, Ltd.
    Yes, use a matching granite splash to underside of window trim. Whatever you do you should have a full height backsplash.
  • Kathy Cave
    Автор
    Sorry I didn't mean just above the stove. I should have said the entire wall behind the stove. We haven't decided yet on the tile yet. I really like the tile in this picture.
  • Emmy
    I like this! They did the tile short surround and then full just above the stove:
    KitchenLab · Еще

This is neat too, how they have one tile for behind the stove, and then a more basic tile everywhere else:
    Northwest Territorial Residence · Еще
  • PRO
    Marble Granite World
    Have you decided what kind of granite you will be using for the counter? It might help us give more specific suggestions if we know what to match!
  • Kathy Cave
    Автор
    Venetian Gold
  • PRO
    Darla Scheuerman
    I would do the entire wall that the range is on. But if he insists, at a minimum frame the tile for a finished look. Same with the granite up the wall, it's actually a great look but you need to do the entire wall up to the bottom of the cabinets. I see nothing wrong with it as it is. Framing below.
  • Kathy Cave
    Автор
    Just to summarize.... It is ok to only tile the entire wall behind the stove and the granite up to the window sill would look best? Or should we tile it above the sink to the window sill? Thanks for your input so far!!
  • PRO
    R.A. Stone | Interior Designs
    I would use tile above granite counter top to trim above sink that matches the area behind the stove.
  • PRO
    Marble Granite World
    I agree. Take a look at this picture with New Venetian Gold granite. But you would do an accent tile design over the stove
  • Kathy Cave
    Автор
    Ok great! Thanks!!
  • PRO
    The 3D Genie
    After you narrow down your options you can always preview them in your room photos before you decide. It'll help you make the best decision for your project. the3dgenie.com. Good luck!