Houzz Logo Print
brittcharbonneau

color to paint kitchen?? HELP

Britt
Год(а)/Лет назад: 9
any ideas on what color to paint this kitchen?

Комментарии: 7

• PRO
    User
    Hi, I would add a warm colour, such as a light terracotta. There is a colour called Mandarin from BEHR that is nice. This will warm up the kitchen and also go with the earth tones you have around.
    Good luck!
  • Britt
    Автор
    I tried to find this color by BEHR, couldn't find it. could you may be send me something similar to go off of?
  • PRO
    User
    Hi, you can go on the BEHR website and select a colour from their paint chip selection. You will find it there. :)
  • hayleydaniels
    Here's a link to the Mandarin:

http://www.behr.com/consumer/ColorDetailView/P210-6

Your granite looks like it has more of a reddish rust color in it than orange so I'd try to match that, and then go a couple of shades lighter so you don't end up with a dark cave for a kitchen.

Get all the paint swatches you can of colors in your granite and tile. Cut the cards apart if there's more than one color to a card, lay them on the granite and check each one to see if it matches the colors. You want to make sure that the colors have the same tone or hue. You can quickly eliminate most of them. When you're down to a couple that you like, and the appear to look good with the granite or tile, buy samples and either poster boards or small pieces of sheet rock to paint so you can move them around the room to see how the light affects them. If a color is too dark, go a shade or two lighter and vice versa. This can take a while so don't get discouraged.

Here's one color idea that might be a good place to start as your granite has a lot of pink in it.

SW 7679 Golden Gate · Еще
  • hayleydaniels
    Inner Space Designs is spot on!

Here's a link to a good article on how light affects paint color in your home:

http://www.thekeystocolor.com/why-color-often-goes-awry/

Greens and blues, especially the more muted grayish ones along with olive greens love so wonderful light and medium wood tones! I probably recommend green more than any other person on this forum as it brings such a wonderful contrast to wood, and adds such a soothing feel to a room.
  • spring570
    I live in a renovated cottage/home. It has pine walls, floor and cupboards in old part. New addition has drywall but pine ceiling and flooring. Because they joined together as one large area, I needed a colour to go with all the pine and barnboard beams. I chose a blue/green/gray paint upon advice from my decorator. Never would have chosen on my own, but is absolutely beautiful. Looks bluish in some lights and almost green in others, but is on the green colour chip chart.