Houzz Logo Print
arbordalelandscaping

Construction

Arbordale Landscaping
Год(а)/Лет назад: 9
First off, love it! We are from Toronto, we get 4' of frost here, not sure if its the same in PA. I was wondering how you constructed this?
Cor-Ten Cattails Sculptural Fence · Еще

Комментарии: 9

• PRO
    Archer & Buchanan Architecture, Ltd.
    Thank you very much for your kind feedback! Here is the full story on the fence:

Made of 300, 10-foot steel blades set upright 8 inches apart, the award winning Cor-Ten Cattails Sculptural fence was designed for a home in Berwyn, Pennsylvania as a yard sculpture that also keeps deer out.

Made of COR-TEN, a steel alloy that eliminates the need for painting and maintains a rich, dark rust color without corroding, the fence stanchions were cut with a plasma cutter from sheets of the alloy.

Each blade stands 8 feet above grade, set in concrete 3 feet below, weighs 80-90 pounds and is 5/8 inch thick. The profile of the blades is an irregular trapezoid with no horizontal connections or supports. Only the gate has two horizontal bars, and each leaf weighs 1200 pounds.
  • PRO
    Arbordale Landscaping
    Автор
    Did you set them into a 3' deep bed of concrete? Or was each individually set into its own post hole?
  • PRO
    La Habra Fence Company

With today’s decor going more toward the natural look, installing these designers rails to the garden will add more addition to its beauty.

• PRO

Thank you! To be honest, the cost of plasma cut cor-ten steel isn't exactly cheap, nor is the cost of labor to install it correctly, but the end result is worth every penny!

• PRO
    Darwin Webb Landscape Architects, P.S.

Very nice fence. We are pursuing something similar on a job in Yakima, WA. Great concept.

• PRO

Thank you, Darwin Webb Landscape Architects! Best of luck with your project!

• PRO
    adminor

visit to my website in choiceyourhome.com
    about home improvement, and thanks

• aimee carlson
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 8
    So beautiful, well done! I am always impressed with the creativity of some people.