Houzz Logo Print
amyjoygarden

Nice Plant Palette -- Plant ID please

Amy Henderson
Год(а)/Лет назад: 9
What is the mounding small-leafed shrub back right edge of lawn?
Secret Garden · Еще

Комментарии: 3

• PRO
    Slater Associates Landscape Architects
    The plant is Cotoneaster salicifolius repandens - Willow Leaf Cotoneaster. It is a great plant. It is semi-evergreen and has red berries as well. Maintenance folks are not real pleased with the plant since leaves like to get tangled up throughout. It is lo susceptible to lace bug which can be an issue. It is one of my favorite plants because of it's fine texture and mounding habit plus the deer do not bother it.
    Amy Henderson поблагодарил(а): Slater Associates Landscape Architects
  • Amy Henderson
    Автор
    Thanks. I have used a C. salicifolius variety that was labelled 'Henryii' from Rare Finds nursery in NJ. I expected the usual Willowleaf Cotoneaster look, but the plant has a different idea and is rising upwards easily 4 feet or more, with graceful arching branches, and currently a great crop of red berries. Lovely but not at all what I planned for in the space! When I asked your plant ID I also suspected perhaps a shrub-honesuckle, Lonicera pileata or nitida. These behave well for me here in downstate NY, looking much like what's in your photo. Out of curiosity what region are you in?
  • PRO
    Slater Associates Landscape Architects
    Our office is in Columbia MD. the site in question is an historic site in Ellicott City, MD. Similar to Westchester but less snow. Maybe half a zone warmer. I know because I grew up in the Yonkers/Bronxville area.
    Amy Henderson поблагодарил(а): Slater Associates Landscape Architects