Houzz Logo Print
createdreamserenity

I love this idea! What type of material/adhesive would you reccomend using to keep the pencils in place?

createdreamserenity
Год(а)/Лет назад: 11
I also would like to know what type of materiaal would you reccomend using to create a soft enough backing to possibly pin small items on this board?
What to do with Old Pencils? · Еще

Комментарии: 5

• PRO
    B-Squared Design Studio
    This was kind of a quick project I did with my daughter so we just used a regular bulletin board from the craft store and simply used a hot glue gun to fasten the pencils - it has been two years and is still perfectly in tact. There is space near the pencil points to use a longer pin to fasten things to it, you can also stick pins into or between the soft pencils. I thought we would use it as a bulletin board, but I love the texture and look of the pencils as is, so we use it as a piece of art and are collecting more pencils to make another! We used pencils in all conditions, from new to stubby and chewed up, sharp to broken and faced any print on the pencils out so you could read them (from "good job" to insurance companies, fire safety and politicians) - it really tells a fun story! Thanks for your question and let me know if you have any others - good luck!
  • createdreamserenity
    Автор
    Thanks!
  • crischirmer
    Congratulations! I loved it. It's really a piece of art.
  • Hilaire McDonald
    LOVE!!!!
  • rilesrocks
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 10
    A-MA-ZING. LOVE IT!!!!