Houzz Logo Print
jmhram

In Ceiling Speakers

jmhram
Год(а)/Лет назад: 11
Do the customers like the home theater sound and appearance? I am planning on doing a similar setup but I am worried that the ceiling mounted speakers will make the sound "higher" than the height of the TV. I like the look but I'm wondering if the owners feel that they sacrificed on sound quality for looks. Thanks!
Pennsylvania Farm House · Еще

Комментарии: 7

• selenavaz
    Yes customers do like it. The theatre style set up of a room with the speakers all visible, is the new style statement. The ceiling mounted speakers need a buffer and it wont cause any problem as I have seen it in a few houses. Go ahead with it. It will be great.
  • PRO
    Dewson Construction Company
    This particular clients loves their speaker system. Their master is through the class door on the right, so they made that initial space a foyer with another set of doors to the bedroom to keep the sound from entering and they have never had a problem. It is a great way to get a great sounds from your television especially for sports and movies.
  • PRO
    Home Theatre Northwest
    I've done many surround systems with inceiling speakers. As long as the audio is calibrated to the room (most new surround receivers have audio calibration), and the proper speakers are used, there shouldn't be a noticable degradation in sound quality. Many speaker companies like Triad speakers and Niles Audio have speakers that sit flush to the ceiling but are angled inside the speaker cavity towards the listening area. If the budget permits, have this type of speaker installed. It makes a big difference having the front speakers facing you versus pointing straight down. Have fun!
  • PRO
    Custom Home Planning Center
    Also listen to the Bose TV system which gives respectable comparative performance without the need for all the cost of speaker and woofers placed about the room. My son's company is in home theater sales and recommends them to condo time shares, apartment and were retro fits are not in the clients budget.
  • PRO
    Residential Systems, Inc.
    Proper calibration of any theater room is key. In-ceiling speakers are great but don't settle for cheap, poor quality ones. Invest in good ones or go with floor standing speakers that are works of art, in and of themselves. Check out lines like Steinway Lyngdorf or B&W and you will see what I mean.
  • samanderson15
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 9

The theatre set-up is also what I'm aiming for in building our mini home-theatre, but is there away to find out if the in-ceiling speaker actually matches the room for the mini home-theatre. I've been looking at Spectrum Cinema In-ceiling and it looks amazing, but I wonder if it fits the room. Here, go see it on http://vibespeakerco.com/products/spectrum-cinema-in-ceiling

• PRO
    Custom Home Planning Center
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 9

more info on shape of space and acoustic material on surfaces are needed to comment on your question