Houzz Logo Print
tommyflan

POLL: Bed linen - Block colours or patterns?

Tom Flanagan
Год(а)/Лет назад: 9
I've always been a stars and stripes kind of guy, at least when it comes to bed linen - a little pattern never hurt anybody! But recently I went for something different and invested in some all-white bed linen, and it looks pretty great!

What do you prefer when it comes to your bed linen - block colours or patterns? Cast your vote and let us know why!
Block Colours
Patterns for me!
Other

Комментарии: 23

• alant1000
    Always plain white!
  • PRO
    Button & Sprung
    I would have to agree, crisp white pure linen sheets are wonderful!
    P.S Love the use of our Button&Sprung Burdoch bed in the top image
  • PRO
    User
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 9
    Totally white with plain colour contrast , love linen from Zara home and John Lewis!
  • Emmeline Westin
    White, white, white... or maybe grey.
  • PRO
    Perfect Integration Ltd
    White is always the most elegant of options! Wouldn't mind some natural, earthy tones though as they always make a room feel cosy :)
  • carthiefintexas
    White, white or grey, and it has to be linen. Not cotton, not bamboo, not anything else. Linen. Perfect for all seasons.
  • Luisa Rollenhagen
    I like really fine patterns or designs against crisp whites, like a really light and faded grey or taupe design
  • PRO
    Ilaria Coppola Design ltd
    Definitely bianco candido, white soft linens ... gorgeous!
  • PRO
    Stella Michael
    I love high pigment bright colours like red or cerise in rich high-thread cotton sateen fabric. I love the feel of this fabric, it always feel luxurious and wonderful.
  • Lorraine Jenkins
    White with subtle embroidery or simple decoration , love The White company for quality and styles . Add colours in with throws and cushions .
  • johunt
    Got to be plain white
  • PRO
    Stella Michael
    Anyone else for some colour and spice? Passion rather than serenity? Seems I am alone.
  • carthiefintexas
    Stellahome, I like these ones...
  • jules
    Tartan, glossy hot pink stripes, orange elephants, ethnic stripes, bizarre patterns, we have 'em all. And some white too. The white is the highest quality cotton of all of ours so somewhat luxurious in feel. But, we discovered that white must be washed quite often (ie more than once every 6 months) or else the pillows go yellow. And of course you ought not to bleed or spill red wine on it, which is really getting a bit beyond reasonable don't you think... Patterns are practical!
  • annamegan7
    Plain white or cream with a bit of texture then you can add colours with the soft furnishings x
  • turquoisetree53
    Plain white or cream definitely - and go easy on all those hefty cushions for decoration. Stayed in a posh hotel, and once you'd taken all the huge cushions off the bed and on the floor, there was very little room to walk. Resorted to storing them in the bath.
    Used even once, duvets can on the bed can look untidy - what are readers' experiences of finding really nice coverall bedspreads, which are non-crush?
  • PRO
    Salvesen Graham
    Has to be plain white! Use scatter cushions and/or a throw if you want to add a bit of colour and pattern to the bed.
  • PRO
    Stella Michael
    I've always loved colour, locked myself in my room as a teenager and painted the walls red. I also miss the vibrant colour of living in Sydney, the luscious trees and blue ocean as well as tropical flowers so had to find some colour and tropical prints ... bright, hot, wild and very feminine colours (and all in lovely high count cotton sateen, my favourite) ... it all looks much better in the room as a whole but can't catch it all at the right angle in a photo but love it.
  • Jan Johnson
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

Colours and pattern changed weekly.

• Najeebah
    either - I don't really have a preference. it depends on the rest of the room I think
  • User

Either and both.

• Andrea Von

I used to be obsessed with stripes – I've got so many striped duvet covers, but now I only use plain white everything with a colourful throw.