Houzz Logo Print
christinaschmidt

Chair lift

christinaschmidt
Год(а)/Лет назад: 9
How did you install the chairlift seat? Just bought one and would like do what you have done under your deck. Thanks
Christina
Northcape Design/Build · Еще

Комментарии: 5

• PRO
    Northcape Design/Build
    Hi Christina:

I will take a photo tomorrow and post it here. The mount is very easy to make and the chair swings nicely! What ski area is your chair from? Mine is from Mt. Sunapee in NH and has tons of nostalgia for me. I am sure that I rode on this chair many times over the years and, as a teenager, I worked on the construction crew that created the trails that this lift served.

Regards, Everett
  • PRO
    Northcape Design/Build
    As you can see from this photo, I used common threaded steel pipe and "tees" that you can find at any hardware store. I bolted the hanger through the deck joist.
  • PRO
    Northcape Design/Build
    By the way - The hanger for the chair just sits on the horizontal steel pipe. The chair is heavy enough to stay there.
  • christinaschmidt
    Автор
    Thank you. Our chair is from crystal mountain in Washington. Not sure if you had heard about the avalanche that took out the chairlift at the end of last season. But it's from that lift. My husband skis there religiously so it was a fun surprise for him that I got a hold of one of the chairs. Thanks for the advise.
  • PRO
    Northcape Design/Build
    Anytime!